Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2011 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   any April mammas still out there? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1327406)

thealmightyme 12-23-2011 12:40 PM

any April mammas still out there?

I'm looking for all you April mommas. How are the babies? How's cding going for you?

Sarawithouth 12-28-2011 12:05 PM

Re: any April mammas still out there?

I'm here!!! CDing is WONDERFUL! I didn't think DH would love it as much as he does. I've gotten my bff/sil all set up and my other sil is pregnant and planning to CD. :lostit:

My baby is great - celebrated 8 months on Christmas eve - she is barely crawling around and getting the hang of it.

How are your twinsies?

thealmightyme 12-31-2011 11:19 PM

They are wonderful. They are crawling, one is standing on his own, and the other is taking steps here and there. They are 9 mo old now. I like cding so much I have started my own CD business now. I am working on my own design.

OKKiddo 01-12-2012 08:35 PM

I can't believe how fast the time has gone!! Briella is 8 months and has kept me very busy with her insistence on speeding through milestones! She started cross crawling at 5.5 months and then pulling up a month later, she's cruising now and I'm terrified because she's discovered the stairs! Still no teeth and we're still nursing alllllll night long. I'm so tired and busy with her two brothers that I'm a big fat failure at cloth diapering. I realized that I needed to stop because we kept putting sposies on her to rush out of the house and then instead of going to get the cloth we would just put more sposies on her. So, the aha moment came when it had been almost a month of a missing wet bag that only got noticed and found by our older son. Amazingly enough, no stink at all--diapers are still in great condition but I don't dare risk it again. I keep thinking I should cloth diaper her again but I don't know how I'm going to manage that with an international move in the summer. :(

thealmightyme 01-17-2012 09:24 AM

Just do it as much as you can take, then when you get into the swing of it, you can increase when ever you want. Once she starts sleeping through the night, it will get better.

OKKiddo 01-21-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thealmightyme (Post 14470074)
Just do it as much as you can take, then when you get into the swing of it, you can increase when ever you want. Once she starts sleeping through the night, it will get better.

Ok, I'm gonna get it organized and started again. I bought some new RAR's off of a good deal on Ecobabybuys. I accidentally ordered two velcro instead of two snaps but I'll make it work. It would end up being too much trouble to find someone to swap with me. :(

I am also wanting to find some bamboo prefolds/preflats similar to PB&E, but they're not active anymore and I want them bad!

thealmightyme 01-27-2012 04:06 PM

How's it going?

OKKiddo 02-02-2012 10:44 PM

So far so good! 2 weeks of being in diapers full time and no rashes at all! :) I did end up switching to sposies for night because she kept peeing out of the legs of her diapers. I haven't used the new RaR's yet because I'm still prepping them (I wash, then start using, wash, use again, wash, use once more, wash, then night time). I'm sure they'll work fine for overnight but I've noticed that side snapping diapers fit her the best.

Skinny tummy but chunky thighs. If I get the diaper tight enough for her tummy her thighs get sores from the elastic. I have some older style fuzzi bunz that don't do that but the elastic is getting tired in the legs--along with older BG 2.0's and 3.0's that have tired elastic (still works great for my 3.5 year old for overnight but not so great on the baby).

I'm not looking forward to sending all those diapers off for elastic replacement but it needs to be done since they're still perfectly fine. Oh, the diaper buying bug! :)

thealmightyme 02-03-2012 09:17 AM

I just had some old style FB's they I just for rid of in threw FFS. The elastic was shot, and I didn't want to replace it myself. It's not hard to do, but very time consuming. It takes longer to pull them apart then it does replacing the elastic and sewing back together. Have you tried the Freetimes yet? I'm really liking them.

Gitrecca 02-20-2012 08:22 AM

Hey gals. :) I was just bored (read that, trying to avoid the cleaning that needs to be done!) and came across this post. It was nice to read up on you a bit. I was actually thinking of you recently Kat and the boys! I don't know what made you pop into my head, but there ya go! It's good to see you're doing well.

We're doing great, still using cloth during the day and sposies at night. Looking to start selling some of my cloth soon cause I don't use it all and I need to dollars. We just moved the kids into the same room two nights ago and that has been interesting! G still doesn't sleep well at all.

It was nice to catch up a bit!