Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2011 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   Harvest Babies Weekly Chat 12/26-1/1 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1328224)

rainydaysunshine 12-27-2011 10:06 AM

Harvest Babies Weekly Chat 12/26-1/1

Hi, Ladies!

Well, the holiday has come and gone. I managed to get my tree up 3 days before it came and I did make it to Christmas Eve service w/ the kids (Dh was deathly ill, so I had to do it on my own). But, presents didn't get wrapped until Christmas Eve, and when I say Christmas Eve, I mean 7:00 that night (we open gifts on Christmas Eve, so basically I came home from church and finished wrapping while my parents entertained the kids so I could bring them out and have them opened immediately after)... I got everything done, but it was all so last minute and rushed, I feel like I did it badly. Oh well, it was just one year of their life, I suppose they'll live :)

Yesterday I had to find a place for all the new stuff, so I did my "The Day After Christmas Purge" and packed up/ donated/ and threw away all the old or broken toys and ill fitting clothes. Dd slept from like 10:30 to 3 so I was able to do it w/o interruption!

I'm off to eat leftover dressing now... How was everyone else's holiday?

shortdrawbryant 12-27-2011 12:03 PM

Re: Harvest Babies Weekly Chat 12/26-1/1

Ok holiday here it wasn't much. between christmas eve and christmas I survived on 1.5 hrs sleep between nursing DS and cooking Christmas dinner! ds got a few outfits and dd got a few toys along with a huge play kitchen i have to make room for so i will be doing a toy purge as well soon. dd is still sick but much better - if only we could clear up the cough and snot but i figure that is her getting it out so just keeping her dosed up on hylands cough and cold.

KiltedKingdom 12-27-2011 01:57 PM

Danae had her 6-week check-up today and is already 11 lbs and 22 1/2 inches. We've been dealing with the sickies here, the kids have had colds for the past couple of weeks, and 2 of them have had stomach bugs, so now I'm waiting for the rest of the kids to go through it. DH has had a lot of time off work lately, so he's trying to finish building a toy shelf for the kids, so when that's done, I'll be doing a toy purge, too. Fun stuff!

Sally's Red Meadow 12-28-2011 08:17 AM

Christmas was great here.
I'm still making some treats to hand out at church tonight though. :) Plus we are having a dessert pitch in tonight at church so I'm thinking of making an apple pie.

naura 12-28-2011 05:30 PM

christmas was great... although I had to sit in 5 miles of parking lot traffic on the interstate 5 on our way to our cousin's for christmas lunch, the hour and 10 minute ride there (when I speed and drive LA speed LOL :blush:) turned out to be 2 and a half hours... but myka didn't say a peep. the ride back was not bad at all. myka slept the whole way (again) and ds was entertained by gift from grandpa (a mobigo - like a game system for 4~7 year olds). then we went to DH's uncles' house which is only a 15 min drive from our house. then dd slept for 6 hours! yesss~ so I recovered from the drive wonderfully.

Leanbh 12-28-2011 08:09 PM

We've had a great Christmas. DH took the older boys out to the movies on xmas eve, so I got to wrap some of their gifts as toddler was napping too. Then we did the rest and assembled a few things when they went to bed.

Luckily we didn't have to be at MIL's until 1pm, so had some time to relax on Christmas morning.

I did the toy clear out beforehand. I let the kids keep their toys in the living room for a few days, but I'll probably find them permanent homes tomorrow.

Older boys have been off school for a week now and officially driving me banana's! Esp as it's a bit too cold to bring LO out, although other kids would be fine. All the bikes, scooters are packed away in the garage too. So I signed the older two up for camp tomorrow and I think they will be thrilled to have a day of activities(arts, crafts, games, swimming, lunch etc). They will be gone from 8am until 4pm which is way longer than a school day! Not sure what I'm going to do with myself! I'm thinking a little trip to whole foods with just the toddler and LO.

My doctor (love him, new doctor!) thinks my immune system is down and I need to bump it up with lots of fruit and veggies and hydration. I've had strep twice in last 6 weeks(as have older two kids) and had a cold twice in last 6 weeks too. He's recommended a few supplements(fish oil and raw veggie powder) from whole foods that would help.

Sally's Red Meadow 12-29-2011 06:55 AM

wow our thread is super quiet.

I'm glad Christmas went well for everyone.

Truckerswife 12-29-2011 08:12 AM

We had a nice Christmas DS and DD1 were so cute to watch open gifts we went to church Christmas morning home for naps than out to my inlaws for dinner than on Monday we went to my parents after naps for dinner

Sally's Red Meadow 12-30-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truckerswife (Post 14353682)
We had a nice Christmas DS and DD1 were so cute to watch open gifts we went to church Christmas morning home for naps than out to my inlaws for dinner than on Monday we went to my parents after naps for dinner

That sounds lovely.

AcrossTheUniverse 12-30-2011 05:20 PM

We had a fairly mellow Christmas, spent most of the day here with just the kids. MIL and FIL came over in the afternoon for dinner. I made a tri-tip roast and mashed potatoes and gravy. Later in the evening we went to my grandfather's house for a quick get together with all my aunts and uncles and my mom and sister and everyone's kids (we have 16 kids under age 10).

And yesterday we took the kids to Sea World. It was a last minute thing as one of my uncles works there and had 4 free tickets and he offered them to me at the get together on Christmas. We live about an hour away so we planned the trip and got in for free, only had to pay parking. Brought our own lunch and so it was pretty thrifty. We only survived about 5 hours because it was super packed, but we got to see all the major stuff. They even had a Snow World with real (man made) snow that the kids got to play in. :)