Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In July (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   July Fireflies Weekly chat Jan 4-11 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1331760)

rosenfried2 01-04-2012 05:52 AM

July Fireflies Weekly chat Jan 4-11

Goooood morning ladies!

I can't believe I'm up early but I've secured our home from the cold...it's in the 40s here and for south Florida, that's freeeeeezing. Not planning on going out today again.

Ankle is getting better, slightly stiff but no need for crutches thank God!

Buffy1023 01-04-2012 06:38 AM

Re: Weekly chat Jan 4-11

Goodmorning all! Freezing here too. Last night the thermometer said 19, I can't seem to get warm even with the heat cranked up to 70. Hoping the winter flies by and we can get into spring.

So what does ddc mean? I see it all the time and it isn't on the abbreviation list. I am assuming it is due date community, but am not sure. Is that what it means?
Even after a few years on here, abbreviation still throw me off sometimes :)

Really hoping to get to my zumba class after dropping off dd at school, but ds had diarrhea all yesterday and woke up with it. He has had a runny nose for about a week, so guessing it is related. Really don't want to have to leave during zumba to change that diaper. I am sure they would make me leave anyways with the way they smell :(

No pregnancy related news here other than I 'think' my m/s is gone or on the way out. I can actually cook and clean and feel like a real person. Even planned the months menu last night and then went to the grocery store and got everything I need for the month minus a few items each week.

calex99 01-04-2012 07:26 AM

Good morning! I think DDC means "due date crashing." Usually people who aren't in your due date who make comments put that. That was the explanation I was reading the other day! I also wondered what it meant, so I was happy to finally have an answer :)

No real news here. My MS is still here, but I am really hoping/praying it will taper off.

HaloLady79 01-04-2012 07:35 AM

Morning mamas!!

It's a whooping 31 degrees today feeling around 20 though. Still no snow on the ground and I think I just might cry. I feel cheated after all the snow we got last year.

Today the kids went back to school from Christmas break :lostit:, waiting for the Direct Tv guy to come and install so I can call Dish and tell them to shove it. So sick of them :banghead: and the most important part of the day I'm so eagerly awaiting is 1500 the kids and I are head up to WTB and pinning Sgt on the hubs. :yay::bliss::yay::bliss::bliss::yay::bliss:

M/S was gone for the past 2 weeks but reared her head yesterday but today she's gone again. My energy is back :yay: and the house is back under order.

regenolds 01-04-2012 08:26 AM

It's cold and icy here, 24 degrees. m/s and headache are pretty bad today. I can't wait for this part to be over!

My cousin announced on fb that's she's pregnant by writing "My lady laboratory is concocting a child!" I thought that was pretty funny.

I had my consult yesterday and I LOVE the midwife. And I got to hear the baby even though it wasn't an appt yet. It took her forever to find it and when she did it was pretty faint but fast. I'm so glad DH is still ok with a homebirth.

oh and I thought DDC was due date club but that was just a guess.

rosenfried2 01-04-2012 09:53 AM

Ddc is due date club until you comment in another club other than your own... then it it due date crashing.. :)

Buffy1023 01-04-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calex99 (Post 14386923)
Good morning! I think DDC means "due date crashing." Usually people who aren't in your due date who make comments put that. That was the explanation I was reading the other day! I also wondered what it meant, so I was happy to finally have an answer :)

No real news here. My MS is still here, but I am really hoping/praying it will taper off.

Thanks!! I would have never thought of that, but it does make sense :)

SkyeBattest 01-04-2012 10:42 AM

Well I'm pretty mad this morning! I have an NT Scan today at 2pm but need a insurance authorization :headscratch: which they say they haven't even received a request from my OB yet. Then it could take 72 hours to approve! I'm 13 weeks 3 days according to my OB and that means I have only 3 days left to get in to do this scan.... looks like it may not happen. :banghead:

keegen456 01-04-2012 10:53 AM

So I had a really embarrasing morning. I dropped the kids off at school and was heading home. I started feeling really sick and had to pull over to the side of the road really fast so I could jump out and throw up. Well a cop was a few cars behind me and pulled over as well. Apparently he thought that maybe I was either drunk or hungover. So after throwing up all over in front of the cop, I then had to convince him that I hadn't been drinking. Luckily he was really nice and told me that I should go home and rest :) I really hate MS right about now!

rosenfried2 01-04-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyeBattest
Well I'm pretty mad this morning! I have an NT Scan today at 2pm but need a insurance authorization :headscratch: which they say they haven't even received a request from my OB yet. Then it could take 72 hours to approve! I'm 13 weeks 3 days according to my OB and that means I have only 3 days left to get in to do this scan.... looks like it may not happen. :banghead:

Don't stress. Everything will be alright mama.