Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   How do you store unused diapers? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1332642)

firststella 01-05-2012 03:02 PM

How do you store unused diapers?

Ok, I just finished using my newborn sized diapers and moved on to the bigger sizes. I am wondering what would be a good way to store those diapers until (I hope!) another baby will use them?

ledforda 01-06-2012 10:26 AM

Bump. I'm interested to know the answer also

shen7 01-06-2012 10:41 AM

Re: How do you store unused diapers?

Vacuum space saver bags!

alaskamum 01-06-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shen7 (Post 14402048)
Vacuum space saver bags!

I don't have experience with these but I remember another mama saying that these were actually not a good idea...

I keep mine in a plastic box in dd's closet. I think the biggest concern is elastic drying out, maybe that is why the vacuum bags didn't work for someone? Maybe it was too dry inside? Prefolds would probably be fine in a vacuum bag.

I'd also avoid basements, attics, and garages--they are not temperature and humidity controlled.

Almacham 01-06-2012 12:49 PM

I am storing my four or five size smalls, stack of infant prefolds, and ten newborn diapers and covers left over from DD in a Tubberware tote with a lid. I am worried about the elastic just because I dont want to lose any of these diapers, so I took another mamas advice and I wash and dry them every now and then, instead of just leaving them in the tote all of the time. I am hoping that works!

Mommyplunder 01-06-2012 01:27 PM

I've put mine in a big bin (never to be put in the garage, attic or basement if you have one) and it's in our bedroom closet. I also make sure to open it and check on them every once in a while too. I do the same with our wool but i make sure to add moth balls in there too.

makeupgrl8 01-07-2012 12:44 AM

We keep them in the basement in big storage bins. After we are done having kids, we will def. try to sell them!

sarahannecloud9 01-07-2012 05:37 AM

My first stored dipes had all the elastics go out. This batch has been stored the same, i just wash/dry them every 6 months or so to keep soft and functional. It's working, almost 3 yrs now. Sterlite bin with a little ventilation and climate controll.

SorSam 01-07-2012 06:35 AM

We put out unused inserts in a plastic under the bed container. Easy storage for all the kids things that don't get used regularly.

momma2Mimi07 01-07-2012 08:14 AM

ours are in a sterilite container in my basement... I only have Prefolds in there and a FEW pul covers that if the elastic got ruined I wouldn't be too tore up about it :) I wouldn't store fitteds or anything in the basement like that though.