Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   what works best on a nb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13330)

nurseleedy 06-10-2006 06:12 PM

what works best on a nb

with those little tiny legs how does the pee not leak out? which ones work best. if i do have another baby i would like to know which diapers are better holding in all that mess

06-10-2006 06:45 PM

Re: what works best on a nb

IMO if you plan on having a baby under 8 lbs or so go with preemie pfs and prowraps covers. you can trifold the pfs into the covers. also may want to try some newborn or preemie fitteds like VB side snappers. I made my own and they are really teeny tiny -perfect for tiny legged babies:thumbsup:

cblurose 06-10-2006 07:06 PM

yep i 100% suggest prefolds and proraps for those newborn chicken legs and blowouts. :yuck:

Termie 06-10-2006 07:13 PM

Maybe I'm an idiot or all thumbs, but i couldn't get prefolds to work right for our boy when he was tiny (6#4oz his first day in cloth).

We were SAVED by Kissaluvs 0s. They fit snug as a bug around those tiny chicken legs and his tiny waist and even held up for his SHORT rise. We paired them with Bummis Super Whisper Wraps, but admittedly didn't try too many covers (BSWW and Imse Vimse Bumpy Day)

mamato3 06-10-2006 07:25 PM

What has worked the best for us so far are the nb very baby fitteds I made and nb prorap :)
preemie Pf are not absorbant enough so I have to double them up I have not tried tri-folding I have enough problems with the BF poo leaking out of them when I to the angel fold with a snappi
HTH :)

blondeviolin 06-11-2006 12:03 AM

I second the KL0s, but they don't last for long. :goodvibes:

Termie 06-11-2006 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blondeviolin
I second the KL0s, but they don't last for long. :goodvibes:

I think for most babies that's true, but ds wore his until he was 12.5wk old!! He's a skinny one. They still fit him around, but the rise is now too short. But I could use them in a pinch yet if I had to.

kkweight 06-11-2006 03:50 PM

PattyNaps Basics. They are super cheap and come in a pack of 3. They fit like right after birth, literally.lol
they hold in the poops really well too. I have seen them fit up to aobut 3 months.

negrapy 06-11-2006 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sophiasmomma
IMO if you plan on having a baby under 8 lbs or so go with preemie pfs and prowraps covers. you can trifold the pfs into the covers. also may want to try some newborn or preemie fitteds like VB side snappers. I made my own and they are really teeny tiny -perfect for tiny legged babies:thumbsup:

do they have a pattern for the vb preemies too?

kkweight 06-11-2006 05:38 PM

nope just newborns