Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Jan (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Winter wonders weekend 7-8 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1333463)

Lady_B 01-07-2012 07:26 AM

Winter wonders weekend 7-8

Thought I'd start the weekend off. Lets have some babies!

Fitter 01-07-2012 07:29 AM

Re: Winter wonders weekend 7-8

I was just wondering if there was any more word from Kate. I was hoping she went into labor last night.

--------------
I cleaned the whole house yesterday, so now today I feel a little crappy of course. I have a few things on the to do list this morning. DH had to go into work for a few hours, which sucks but this afternoon I am having my prenatal massage, I can't wait!

Lady_B 01-07-2012 07:29 AM

I woke up with some cramping this morning. So I've already showered so I can get all cleaned up just in case lol. Our bengals play today so we are going to watch the game at friends' house. Hopefully I make the cramps stop soon. I'm not timing them because they aren't keeping from moving or talking so I figure they aren't real lol

cutebluebaby 01-07-2012 07:35 AM

I just posted in the other thread. Still no baby... still 7-10 mins apart. I was telling DH last night I think she's going to have a VERY laid back personality; her labor is starting VERY similar to Z's.

So here's a question. The hospital told us yesterday that N can't come up to see me as I'm recovering due to it being RSV season. I was a wreck yesterday because of that. He's the one that I'm most concerned with adjusting, and I really wanted him to see her in the hospital. He'll be with MIL and FIL (and Z) while I'm in labor... how can I adjust him easily without him coming to see us? The only thing I can think of is to come while we're being discharged... but beyond that I can't think of much.

Lady_B 01-07-2012 07:41 AM

My friend was told unless her son got a flue shot 2 weeks before he couldn't come to see her either. I think that's bull. Dd and I don't get flu shots bec we will be sick all year long. She hasn't had one in 2 years and has only gotten a stomach virus. Here they don't have that rule luckly. I told my friend to say it was against her religion. And that way they can't make her get him one and to keep going up the chain of command. I agree that kids coming to te hospital helps them to "get it". Gl.

cutebluebaby 01-07-2012 07:46 AM

Thanks. I was bawling in the car on the way back, and DH said that I'm the one that's going to have a tougher time with it than N. She's here by Tuesday at the latest (depending on how long the induction takes). The sheet they gave me said that kids 12 and under are screened for recent illnesses but not how, and she said that 5 and under can't visit due to it being RSV season. So Z could, but not N. How does that help anyone?

And then I started thinking about all that Z has going on next week for school... field trip to see a play on Tuesday, spelling test on Wednesday... and if she's not here by Monday afternoon... I'm going to be going NUTS trying to get MIL to make sure he's got everything he needs for school... UGH. Let's go little lady... let's GO!

Hands&Fire Pottery 01-07-2012 08:39 AM

Strange rules... sorry and hope you get it figured out.

Not a lot going on here except more prep and more prep. Wonder what the weekend will bring baby wise here:)

leeuhhh 01-07-2012 08:45 AM

Wow, I can't believe they wouldn't let your older kiddo come visit! That's too bad. I hope something works out.

Holy crud, I've been up since 2:30, first with dd2, and then with sore ribs. I gave up and came out to the living room about 4:30 when dd2 FINALLY fell asleep. I will definitely be taking a nap today! I pulled out all my pregnancy/birth/breastfeeding books though, so I can look through those. This baby has packed on some weight in the last day or so, and I feel like she is just CRAMMED in there. I feel like I'm always trying to balance keeping her comfortable in there, and keeping myself comfortable. She was super active early this am, and pushed my lower ribs so hard that I heard cracking/ popping on two separate occasions. LOL. Oy!

Not sure what we'll do today. I'm going to go out and walk ALONE as long as it's not raining. See if if I can get something started here. Otherwise maybe I'll just read.

upstategirl 01-07-2012 09:04 AM

Today is to clean and family is coming over to celebrate my mom's and nephew's birthday. DH did my belly cast last night. Came out good but, we didn't have enough strips for my boobs. So, we just did my belly. We did my belly and boobs with our first son and it just looks better. Though I'm glad we got it done before he comes. I don't think this one will come anytime soon. Though I know it can happen anytime. Second ds came at 37 weeks. I'm 38 now. I thought for sure something was going to happen last night. It was a full moon, that is when my water broke with second ds and was getting contractions last night really bad. Though it was only when I was laying down flat getting my belly cast done. Once I was able to get up it stopped. So, still playing the waiting game. Hope everyone has a good weekend and good luck if you go into labor. :)

Quote:

So here's a question. The hospital told us yesterday that N can't come up to see me as I'm recovering due to it being RSV season. I was a wreck yesterday because of that. He's the one that I'm most concerned with adjusting, and I really wanted him to see her in the hospital. He'll be with MIL and FIL (and Z) while I'm in labor... how can I adjust him easily without him coming to see us? The only thing I can think of is to come while we're being discharged... but beyond that I can't think of much.
That is too bad. Maybe having your child make something for when you two come home and take lots of pics. Hope it works out. I hope they don't tell that to me. When I had my second dh it was in Oct and they let my four year old up. My youngest is now 3 so, I hope they let him see the baby and I. We don't get flu shots either. On my tour they didn't say anything so I'm hoping.

mrscompgeek 01-07-2012 09:09 AM

That stinks they wont let you bring your son in at all. I specifically ask my ob dr before delivery if they would put a restriction on ages of kids that can visit, she assured me that unless dd1 was sick at the moment she was free to come visit. Maybe ask your ob if there is a way to go around that " rule"? Maybe if he stays in your room and goes straight there??