Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   PO lost diaper (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1334179)

kastolzm 01-08-2012 05:06 PM

PO lost diaper

Hiya All, I have a question and cant find a clear answer on the site. I sent a package of three diapers to a buyer. I paid for delivery conformation without insurance. The buyer received the package but it was damaged and missing one diaper. What do I need to do? Thanks

love_cloth 01-08-2012 05:10 PM

I would think you would need to partially refund the buyer and unfortunately you lost on the diaper. :(

jennayoung99 01-08-2012 07:55 PM

Re: PO lost diaper

if they opted for no insurance than refunding any money is up to you, you aren't required.

MrsStripe 01-08-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennayoung99 (Post 14415958)
if they opted for no insurance than refunding any money is up to you, you aren't required.

Paypal and most mods here will see differently. It is the sellers responsibility to make sure the purchased items get to where they are going.

myclanof6 01-08-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennayoung99

That
This is one of the risks with not buying insurance. You the seller have done what you could do by providing dc. I would understandably be upset as well, but it is your decision. You could refund half minus postage if you were compelled to refund anything.
UNLESS you packaged the diapers in something that could easily tear apart, then I would hope you would refund her the amount of the diaper. JMO.

jennayoung99 01-08-2012 08:13 PM

Really? Even if the buyer didn't want to get insurance? What stops anyone from saying their
package was wrecked?

DecsMama 01-08-2012 08:25 PM

I just received a package of fleece soakers I ordered from Etsy. The packaging was torn in several places, but thankfully everything inside was undamaged. When packages get damaged like that, the post office puts them in plastic bags that have a printed explanation that it was damaged in transit and their apologies. I would request a picture for proof of the damaged package.

Catbutt Diapers 01-08-2012 08:27 PM

What kind of packaging did you use? Did you use a sealed poly mailer? Or was it a paper envelope?

If it was a poly mailer I would say you did your best, seller could have bought insurance. Personally I would refund a portion - either the shipping cost, or half the diaper cost.

If it was a paper envelope... paypal/the mods would probably hold you repsoncible, since it says right on the site somewhere NOT to use paper for this reason.

the whole situation sucks all around though :(

dncegrl 01-08-2012 09:19 PM

This is a double post. She said in the other thread she used a Manila mailer

m&m&m 01-08-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DecsMama (Post 14416122)
I just received a package of fleece soakers I ordered from Etsy. The packaging was torn in several places, but thankfully everything inside was undamaged. When packages get damaged like that, the post office puts them in plastic bags that have a printed explanation that it was damaged in transit and their apologies. I would request a picture for proof of the damaged package.

It came out in another thread that not all post offices do this every time :(