Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ecover vs. Seventh Generation (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1334343)

Caroline162 01-08-2012 10:21 PM

Ecover vs. Seventh Generation

My diapers are softer with Seventh Generation fabric softener than with Ecover - anyone else?

traderbren 01-09-2012 06:37 AM

I haven't tried Seventh Gen yet. Does it come in pretty smells? I can only find pink lid Ecover locally, and I'm not a huge fan of the smell, but I never looked into Seventh Generation...

It IS nice to know it works well!

Almacham 01-09-2012 07:32 AM

Re: Ecover vs. Seventh Generation

I'd like to know about the smells, too - 7th Generation is easier to get around here! Might have to try it. I have heard some good reviews.

omgcupcake 01-09-2012 08:35 AM

I just bought some 7th Generation yesterday, and I'm going to use it on my diapers today. The closest physical store with ecover is 90 miles away and I don't want to order it online because Amazon only has the subscribe and save for the pink scent and I like the yellow. The 7th gen smells gross in the bottle, but it says that it's "free and clear" so hopefully it won't leave any scent on the diapers.

Update: I used a whole cap full, and they felt very smooshy when I took them out of the washer. It didn't leave any scent on my diapers, they just smell like the detergent that I use.

omgcupcake 01-09-2012 11:34 AM

I'm replying rather than editing so that this gets bumped. I just got my dipes out of the dryer, and the difference between the 7th gen diapers and the ecover ones is incredible. The 7th gen diapers are WAY WAY a million times WAY softer than my ecover ones. I'm converted :)

traderbren 01-09-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgcupcake
I'm replying rather than editing so that this gets bumped. I just got my dipes out of the dryer, and the difference between the 7th gen diapers and the ecover ones is incredible. The 7th gen diapers are WAY WAY a million times WAY softer than my ecover ones. I'm converted :)

Did the smell go away? I see they have a free & clear or a lavender eucalyptus smell... I'm all about the smell..,
:blush:

omgcupcake 01-09-2012 11:57 AM

I used the free and clear and even though it has that gross "unscented" scent in the bottle, it didn't leave a smell on my diapers. I just smell gain :)

Almacham 01-09-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgcupcake (Post 14419522)

Awesome! :thumbsup:

I'm so getting some now...

applebutter 01-09-2012 01:42 PM

I use the lavendar 7th Gen and love it - it leaves a faint smell out of the washer, but not the dryer.

SeeOurtney 01-09-2012 01:48 PM

I'm on my phone, so I can't see locations...hoping I can find 7th Gen in Canada? Locally, that is lol