Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   pocket inserts for heavy wetter? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1334355)

faiths13 01-08-2012 10:40 PM

pocket inserts for heavy wetter?

i am looking for some new inserts for my pockets. ive been using small flats, but they are starting to not be absorbent enough, and im tired of folding them. i dont want to use flats or prefolds and i dont want microfiber. suggestions?

puppyluv 01-08-2012 11:27 PM

Thirsties hemp inserts. Super absorbent. I stuff my BG pockets with one of these and the mf doubler (only to make myself feel better that I'm using two inserts, I don't think the doublers hold much) and my heavy wetter DD has gone over 5 hours in one with no leaks. You know, like when you're out and about and somebody falls asleep in the car on the way home, then proceeds to have a two hour nap? All in the same diaper? I was nervous at first and was sure I was going to be washing clothes and bed sheets but everything except the inserts were dry.

Posting from my iPhone, hope it's legible ;)

TrennaII 01-08-2012 11:38 PM

Re: pocket inserts for heavy wetter?

Green Acre Designs has a hemp insert that's sewn in a way that lets the layers get cleaner, than just a hemp pad. Hemp is awesome but can be difficult to clean, especially the first few months of use IMO.

I also really love Green Mountain Diapers' hemp. No-nonsense, great price.

SGRAHA 01-09-2012 05:50 AM

when my older dd was in diapers she was a super heavy wetter at night and i used to stuff her pockets with a hemp insert & a mf insert and the GAD (mentioned above) are great hemp inserts! I know you don't want to use mf so maybe 2 hemp doublers? I found hemp to be super absorbant but agree it can hold stink, i used to wash my inserts - hemp & mf separate from my pockets and extra wash cycle and added a bit of bleach every few washes...
HTH

eljube112 01-09-2012 06:10 AM

I have some hemp babies (I think they are made by cotton babies?) doublers that are my go-to for overnight.

MrsJordan85 01-09-2012 06:13 AM

Another vote for thirsties hemp- they are absorbent and super trim! They would be easy to double up if you really needed to :)

omgcupcake 01-09-2012 08:38 AM

Thirsties hemp inserts. 2 together is still trimmer than a microfiber, but even with my heavy wetter I've only needed to use 1.

Lesley@CottonBabies 01-09-2012 10:02 AM

My little girl is also a very heavy wetter. I use Hemp Babies Diaper Doublers paired with a one-size microfiber insert for during the day, and I use Hemp Babies Little Weeds paired with a microfiber insert for at night. Both of these work great, we haven't had any more leaks!

faiths13 01-09-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lesley@CottonBabies (Post 14418905)
My little girl is also a very heavy wetter. I use Hemp Babies Diaper Doublers (bit.ly/wPGdMu) paired with a one-size microfiber insert for during the day, and I use Hemp Babies Little Weeds (bit.ly/zbB1CA) paired with a microfiber insert for at night. Both of these work great, we haven't had any more leaks!

i dont want microfiber, and i have spent tons of money at CB, so I dont really need any spam to buy there, thanks.

Suburbangranola 01-09-2012 10:07 AM

I concurr with the Hemp :)