Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska & Hawaii (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   AK Mamas- Social Group Start? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1334802)

ryderpandme 01-09-2012 05:44 PM

AK Mamas- Social Group Start?

Hello all!

If I started an AK Mamas social group, would there be any members? Just found out how hard it is to start up on diaperswappers FSOT when I have no feedback and it says that I'm from Alaska- like it's a made up place that scammers use or something, hehe.. I wanted to joke around with my first purchase when they needed to double check on shipping methods to AK and say that I would prefer.. dog team. :roflmbo: okay, lame I know!

Any takers?

mparmywife 01-09-2012 05:49 PM

Re: AK Mamas- Social Group Start?

Hey Mama! I would be up for an Alaska social group. I know there is the Alaska/Hawaii area but most of those mamas seem to be in Hawaii and I know that the Lower 48 thinks that AK/HI can be grouped together but I really feel they should be seperate!! Keep me updated :-)

roxypop2000 01-16-2012 03:31 AM

I may be interested too.

I've had a couple of Mama's see that I'm in Alaska and tell me that they will/will not ship internationally.

belya 02-09-2012 02:53 AM

Hi,
I would be interested too! =)

RedheadMom09 03-05-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roxypop2000 (Post 14462250)
I may be interested too.

I've had a couple of Mama's see that I'm in Alaska and tell me that they will/will not ship internationally.

:giggle2:

And people wonder why our education rankings are slipping!

sparkly_vagabond 03-20-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxypop2000
I may be interested too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedheadMom09 (Post 14756145)
:giggle2:

And people wonder why our education rankings are slipping!

:giggle2: Oh my I have gotten this too many times. Also the phrase "I hear Alaska is a beautiful country."

My husband is the Principal/teacher at the school here. The first thing we did was put up a map with Alaska in the proper position and size... it's funny how many children/people think Alaska is down by Hawaii!

FrozenBooty 03-23-2012 11:54 PM

I would love to move that far out. Unfortunately there just isn't a ton of full time jobs in the smaller villages. I applied for the cross cultural immersion program and am hoping I get selected to go to an Alaska native culture camp. It would be really beneficial as I work predominantly with Alaska native youth.

Glad to hear you are still doing well out that way

savvytrav 03-26-2012 03:05 PM

I would be interested!

DoulainAK 04-10-2012 10:22 PM

I would be interested as well

Foolalex 05-24-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryderpandme (Post 14421866)
Hello all!

If I started an AK Mamas social group, would there be any members? Just found out how hard it is to start up on diaperswappers FSOT when I have no feedback and it says that I'm from Alaska- like it's a made up place that scammers use or something, hehe.. I wanted to joke around with my first purchase when they needed to double check on shipping methods to AK and say that I would prefer.. dog team. :roflmbo: okay, lame I know!

Any takers?

What type of social group are you looking at starting -- meetings, parties, etc.? I'm curious about the details.