Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   our whirlpool front loader keeps pausing itself :( (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1334834)

solarbabies 01-09-2012 06:39 PM

our whirlpool front loader keeps pausing itself :(

Dh has tried looking everything up, but we can't figure out what is wrong :( It doesn't give a code, just pauses itself throughout the wash. I REALLY don't want to have to pay someone to come out here and check it out. We live way far out of the city limits and they normally charge even more on top of their ridiculous prices to come....and to tell us what? That we need a new washer? This one is only a yr or so old so this is super frustrating.

Anyone have ANY idea why it would do this?? Anyone have it happen before?

And on top of that, our 4MTH OLD dishwasher is pooping out too :cry:

Seriously??? A WEEK before I have a nb due???

stevensmom 01-09-2012 06:40 PM

Check the drain trap below the door...you have to take the front lower piece off...there might be something stuck in there

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**

disbugsmomma 01-09-2012 06:42 PM

Re: our whirlpool front loader keeps pausing itself :(

It might have too many suds. My mom's washer will stop for a bit to let the suds go down, then start back up.

solarbabies 01-09-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevensmom (Post 14422173)
Check the drain trap below the door...you have to take the front lower piece off...there might be something stuck in there

I will have DH check. We did have a nursing pad get stuck in there once and it wouldn't drain at all and gave an error code. But he is going to check right now anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by disbugsmomma (Post 14422189)
It might have too many suds. My mom's washer will stop for a bit to let the suds go down, then start back up.

It is supposed to have a code for too much suds too. And there aren't any visible suds in the machine at all. I use very little soap....and the last 2 times it did it it was pre rinsing diapers with no soap at all. That was the first thing that crossed my mind as well though

solarbabies 01-09-2012 07:36 PM

OK so DH took off the bottom to get to the drain and there was a 'service manual for techs only' taped to the inside. He ran through a diagnostic test and it came back with a code saying it was the door lock. So, he is thinking that is what is wrong with it and that he can buy a part and fix it. We shall see....I would hate to have to pay someone to come out here and do it.

Thanks Erica.... he wouldn't have pulled off that door and found the manual if not for you suggesting that.

majomama 01-09-2012 08:06 PM

Do you add water to your washer when doing diapers? We had to get our door lock replaced because of the water I was adding was putting too much pressure on the door lock:hide: of course I didn't tell the repairman :giggle:

stevensmom 01-09-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by javabarnes
OK so DH took off the bottom to get to the drain and there was a 'service manual for techs only' taped to the inside. He ran through a diagnostic test and it came back with a code saying it was the door lock. So, he is thinking that is what is wrong with it and that he can buy a part and fix it. We shall see....I would hate to have to pay someone to come out here and do it.

Thanks Erica.... he wouldn't have pulled off that door and found the manual if not for you suggesting that.

Yeah glad you might have it figured out. We kept getting some f code and had to call a repair help...came out and said ph just check the drain thing.. So that's what well do next time :giggle: instead of paying $100 for someone else to (and no one would tell us on the phone that that is what we should do)

solarbabies 01-09-2012 08:25 PM

nope, never add water to it. I have no idea why it would be having an issue. But it is so annoying trying to wash anything this way!!!! I am parked in front of the washer in my landry room that is not big enough to have the washer and dryer open at the same time so that I can press start every time it pauses! Grrrr....hope he really can get and replace the part. Me thinking DD is wearing sposies until this is fixed. I can deal with washing clothes this was (18 min cycle) but I have 2:15 mins remaining of this cycle....then the 18 min rinse after. Not cool.