Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Nesting?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1335073)

Mrs. Logan 01-10-2012 09:33 AM

Nesting??

Yesterday, I must have been "nesting" as I went from morning to night NON-STOP. Cleaned my entire apartment, down to ALL of the baseboards, floors on my hands and knees, and purged closets, drawers, etc. I was thinking the whole day, "go me!!" :thumbsup:

Until......

I woke up today, I feel like I have gotten hit by a bus!!! :yuck:

*Alabamamom* 01-10-2012 09:47 AM

Re: Nesting??

I guess that must be what I am doing as well... been going all day yesterday and already jumping back to it this morning.. I feel very panicked, like I have so much to do and not much time to do it all! I was hoping to have the baby's room painted by now, but dh is procrastinating.. I hope it gets done this weekend!

Hopefully your energy regenerates throughout today and you are ready to go again tomorrow.. :hugs:

trying4more 01-10-2012 10:44 AM

I think I'm starting.
I have urges to get all the clothes washed and some stuff set up!

Fitter 01-10-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Logan (Post 14425401)
Yesterday, I must have been "nesting" as I went from morning to night NON-STOP. Cleaned my entire apartment, down to ALL of the baseboards, floors on my hands and knees, and purged closets, drawers, etc. I was thinking the whole day, "go me!!" :thumbsup:

Until......

I woke up today, I feel like I have gotten hit by a bus!!! :yuck:

this is exactly how nesting hits me, super energetic, get tons done one day but I always pay for it the next day.

Squig'sMumMum 01-10-2012 01:44 PM

Oh dear! :yay: For all you got done, that is definitely nesting :giggle2: Rest up today, you deserve it!

mms1972 01-10-2012 03:46 PM

Nesting is hitting me too....just not manifesting in cleaning, I have the intense urge to shop for baby! I feel like I have to get everything that we still need NOW!

Sent from my VM670 using DS Forum

2much2luv 01-10-2012 05:49 PM

nesting going on here too! I'll start out doing a normal chore, sweeping the floor or washing the bathroom mirror, and it turns into scrubbing floors and walls and ceilings. it is rather ridiculous :D and my house pretty much reeks of vinegar. I do pay for it with sore hips by bedtime, but it is nice to be getting stuff done.

I also have the urge to shop! But no money to do it with. I'll be ordering my birth supplies this week, so that will feel good. :)

Mrs. Logan 01-10-2012 07:25 PM

My shopping urge has pretty much gone away but when I do have it, I just buy stuff I actually do need.....this week, my PP mama cloth! So excited to get it in the mail. I love getting mail, especially when it's not bills :)

love being a momma 01-10-2012 07:45 PM

So far I have cleaned: crown molding, baseboards, ceiling fans & light fixtures (well DH did those since I didn't want to climb a ladder), organized the playroom, organized all 3 bathrooms & scrubbed them top to bottom, reorganized the kitchen cabinets, cleaned up the pantry, took my entire fridge apart & scrubbed & organized it. Seems like a lot but I have so much more to do!!!!!!!!!! I have been slowly doing a bit each day, I get tired, then sit down, & loss motivation.

I never nested like this with my girls.

Squig'sMumMum 01-10-2012 07:49 PM

I am glad I am not nesting that badly :roflmbo: I get the occasional urge to purge and reorganize a closet, which is useless in my opinion, especially as we only just moved in and everything is already purged and organized :p But no cleaning the ceilings or baseboards or anything. I didn't get a huge nesting urge with DD either... I seem to get a milder case where I just want to get everything ready :)