Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Texas (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   San Antonio (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1335099)

Icryinbaseball 01-10-2012 11:27 AM

San Antonio

Tell me everything about SA please!! My husband might be stationed there. I have looked at Converse TX to live. Is there any thoughts on converse??

mamabug1014 01-11-2012 09:47 PM

Re: San Antonio

My husband teaches in the Judson distract, that includes Converse. It can be a bit of a rough area. I would recommend maybe Selma/Schertz if you want to be close or move more west. We live in the northwest area.

stompykitty 01-16-2012 12:13 PM

I lived here 20 yrs before marrying hubs & moving around for 4 yrs, we've come back in 09 :) It's a BIG spread out city & there are lots of areas to choose from. We live very central at 410 & IH-10 in a great neighborhood. Many neighborhoods that ARE nice will sometimes have pockets of not so nice :~ Let me know where you are looking & I'll try & trouble shoot you!
Not sure what parenting or lifestyle you're into, but I'm more AP (attachment parenting) & breastfeeding friendly & have connected with my tribes :goodvibes: I also homeschool & have found great support for that too.
I'm semi crunchy :giggle: so I like some natural stuff, but don't really go whole hog. We have LOTS of Farmer's Mkts, few natural foods stores, even a couple places that mill grain for you (though I haven't ventured there yet!)
I don't do daycare, so can't really be too much help there.
What else? Lots of museums, 2 big theme parks, lots of great playground parks. VERY diverse culture, although predominantly Mexican/Hispanic, so there are alot of billboards in certain areas that are in Spanish :p

Anything else, feel free to ask!

stompykitty 01-16-2012 12:18 PM

Where will your hubs be stationed, BAMC? Forgot to ask that I was kinda assuming cuz you were looking into Converse!

sourpatch_babe 01-16-2012 12:32 PM

We will be stationed in Sam Houston in April so I will be watching this thread.

stompykitty 01-16-2012 12:41 PM

Oh my goodness! RIGHT after having your new baby it looks like! Hope all goes as smoothly as possible! :goodvibes:

sourpatch_babe 01-16-2012 12:59 PM

Yeah we fly out of here four weeks after my due date. We haven't found a house yet as The Hubby wants to ensure its within driving distance of his unit and that the neighborhood is okay but its still crazy lol.

ARogers 01-16-2012 01:01 PM

We're also moving to SA in a few months. So I'll be watching for info. :)

ARogers 01-16-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe (Post 14464590)
Yeah we fly out of here four weeks after my due date. We haven't found a house yet as The Hubby wants to ensure its within driving distance of his unit and that the neighborhood is okay but its still crazy lol.

I totally understand. We actually flew out there over Christmas Break to look for places. We didn't make any progress though.

stompykitty 01-16-2012 01:05 PM

Wow! Lotsa mamas coming to SA-town! Anything at all you wanna know I'm happy to oblige! Although must warn ya, we're not at all into clubs & pop culture :giggle2: So I'm not help there!