Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Irritable uterus (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1335161)

dreamingkristin 01-10-2012 12:17 PM

Irritable uterus

K. So I have one. I know it from my past fee pregnancies but also having had a preemie i get scared. My first was 28 weeeker and my other 2 were both 37 weeks. But with full blown contractions from 20 weeks on. I know wha real labor for me feels like and it's not that but how serious should I take these contractions. I am drinking my water and I rest when I can but as a full time mom to 3 and a full time kindergarten teacher that's really limited actually. I called dr yesterday to see what they wanted me to do and how serious to take them. And the dr was out of the office for the day and I've yet to hear from them. So anyways

What are your experiences?? Do you ignore them? Do you go on bedrest? Or what???

TwinKristi 01-10-2012 12:51 PM

While I didn't have a 28wker, I did go into labor at 28wks with my twins. They stopped it with Mag & Terb and kept me for 2wks and then home on strict bedrest and Procardia until 34wks and I delivered less than days later.
My next pregnancy I was a wreck thinking I'd go into PTL again and went to L&D probably more than 10 times with timetable contractions I could feel (didn't always feel the PTL ones) but ended up going overdue and being induced. LOL
The next 3 were all just annoying ones I ignored.

dreamingkristin 01-10-2012 04:35 PM

Re: Irritable uterus

LMAO yeah.. see.. I dont know how to 'know' which ones I should just ignore (and I hate to ignore anything really this early and it be something) and which ones are possibly changing things without being overly worried or neurotic about it.... Once I get to 29 weeks I feel better about ignoring cuase I know what happens at that point... but I also have super fast labors so if I 'ignore' too long and really am in labor then there would be a harder time stopping them... (and I was on mag sulf. too with my second.. they were gone while I was on it.. but less than an hour later after stopping them they came right back)

TwinKristi 01-10-2012 05:38 PM

Yeah when I had my twins, my labor was super fast. Water broke at 1:30am and left for the hosp at 2am, born at 2:38 & 2:46! My 3rd was the same! At 2am I started feeling like I couldn't get comfy in bed (waiting to be induced at 6am) and low and behold I was 7-8cm! Born at 2:34am! My last 3 were all induced before my EDD so they were looooong and painful.

kristinc 01-10-2012 05:40 PM

how far along are you?

dreamingkristin 01-10-2012 06:03 PM

I'm 21 weeks...

and my labors aren't as fast as yours were... wow... my 1st was emergency section - I was 6 cm and didn't know I was in labor.. he was footling breech, bags budlging and cord prolaspded... They didn't want my water to break becuase the cord would have been pinched totally....
my second was 2 hours after arriving at hospital... water didn't break and I was only 3 cm when I got to hospital... but in 2 hours I went from 3 cm to baby born.... a lot of that was holding off and not pushing waiting for anstesologiest and dr. to get there.... NOT FUN! My 3rd was 2 cm when they checked me - dr. broke my water and he was born 3 hours later... so not as fast but also had epi. from 2 cm on.... and it was still only 3 hours... but once my water breaks it goes pretty fast and furrious!

mommy2kaitlyn 01-10-2012 06:42 PM

I have only had one pregnancy go far and have an irritable uterus also. Contractions from 26 weeks for me. My Dr. knowing this told me 6 or more contractions and hour with water and rest not helping them, go in. Rather be safe then sorry. I actually was released from one hospital knowing darn well they were full of it at 26 weeks..2nd time in there for contractions. I called my Dr. on call and he told me to go to another hospital, he was at that one. I was there for a while and had to have terb to stop them. He got very angry at the other hospital. What they relayed to them was not what was going on. :(
I started to dialate at 32 weeks..was 1cm and 50% effaced then.
I would go in and be checked. I was put on partial bedrest at 30 weeks I think it was. I was given turb pills until 33 weeks then switched to procardia.
My water broke at 37 weeks 2 days, had her the next day.

babylove921 01-10-2012 06:46 PM

I just went through this, and I was told to always take them seriously, if it worried me. I haven't had any changes yet this time, but if I watch them. I think if they get harder to deal with, or you have to change positions to get comfortable, ect. go in. But if you can manage them, and you feel ok, I'd drink the water and just relax.

mamaratliff 01-10-2012 07:43 PM

I just learned to check my own cervix last time. There was just no way that I could possibly have gone in every time I had more than 5 an hour like they wanted me to. I would just check once a week or so, and things weren't changing, so I just rested, drank my water, and hung out until he was born 2 days before his dd :D

dreamingkristin 01-10-2012 07:52 PM

Well heard from the dr. And they want me to come in just to check my cervix tomorrow. So right now its been every other day -good and bad. So today was good expecting tomorrow to not be so good. My last 2 preggos my cervix didn't change even with near constant contractions until 35 weeks. And I delivered at 37 weeks with both of them. My 2nd I was out of work on modified bedrest at like 23 weeks. My 3rd I worked until 35 weeks when I basically started dilating and could go at any moment and he didn't want me at school on my feet like that constantly seein how fast my labors were anywyas