Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   He's pinching me (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1335288)

BESMama 01-10-2012 03:33 PM

He's pinching me

:blush: My 11 month old is regularly pinching my breast (hard) while feeding. Not just twiddling the other nipple, but really pinching. My other two didn't do this. Anyone have experience with this? When I try to remove his hand he gets really frustrated.

Is there a purpose to this...like trying to get the milk to flow, or get more milk out?

mibarra 01-10-2012 04:04 PM

My DD does this when tired. I'm bad about letting her because it helps her go to sleep faster... I actually have little scabs on my breasts....I try to keep her nails well groomed...its slowing down some now at 12 moths

eljube112 01-10-2012 04:07 PM

Re: He's pinching me

my dd was/is an awful pincher. she would use my skin like a lovey, pinching the skin together and rubbing. OWWW!!

When she was little I just removed her hand, which she didn't like, but as she's gotten older, I take her right off the breast, say NO firmly and wait at least to the count of 10 before allowing her to latch back on. She's 11m and she KNOWS that she is hurting mommy.

JustTheFiveofUs 01-10-2012 05:54 PM

One of my 9 mo twins pinches. It really bothers me. I usually remove his hands and tell him "no-no" or "that hurts mommy." I know he doesn't understand yet, but hopefully he'll get the point soon.

tibeca 01-10-2012 07:44 PM

My DD does this. She's a little over a year. It started around 9 months. Every time it happens, I say, ouch, that hurts and grab her hand to make her stop. Yes, it frustrates her. Yes, sometimes she would cry in the middle of the night when I wouldn't let her pinch me. Tough! I'm not immune to pain, NO PINCHING!

reithegenki 01-10-2012 07:47 PM

Ugh my DS (14.5 months) does this. It sucks. He just will NOT stop. >.<
He also sticks his finger in my belly button constantly and has even scratched this inside and made me bleed. I tell him no and grab his hands, but he continues as soon as I let go.

Unlatching him doesn't help either. He doesn't respond to any sort of scolding.

Sent from my iPhone. Autocorrect hates me.

Connor 01-10-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tibeca
My DD does this. She's a little over a year. It started around 9 months. Every time it happens, I say, ouch, that hurts and grab her hand to make her stop. Yes, it frustrates her. Yes, sometimes she would cry in the middle of the night when I wouldn't let her pinch me. Tough! I'm not immune to pain, NO PINCHING!

Yep! It's best to nip it in the bud now. It's not ok if your LO is causing you pain. Remove his hand, if he getd upset, that is ok.

Willum'smom 01-10-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tibeca (Post 14429521)

This exactly!!! My husband and I also decided on a "phrase" we would both use whenever William is being rough. We say "Ouch" Really loudly and then make a sad/mad face(like it really does hurt) and then "be gentle." Kiddos don't really understand the "negatives" like "No hitting" "no pinching" until a year so when he started being rough with us at 9 months we adopted this wording. It has worked well. A few times he thought I was being funny when I scolded him....:banghead: and laughed.

sirgradypants 01-11-2012 12:30 PM

LOL
my 4 month old pinches me HARD. Even when hes done.

My biggest issue now is getting him to stop trying to suck his thumb and nurse at the same time! Geez he wants it all haha

mama2gavin 01-13-2012 03:17 PM

My 5 month old has been doing that. I just started sticking her soft lovie on my chest and directing her grabby little fingers to that. It doesn't help 100% of the time but a good chunk of the time, she pinches on it isntead of me.