Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work out of Home Moms (WOHM) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   How close to due date did you keep working? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1335413)

Mrs. Logan 01-10-2012 07:52 PM

How close to due date did you keep working?

This is my first pregnancy, and I just wanted to see how long before your due date you stopped working?

I am due on a Monday, and am scheduling patients right up until the previous Friday. Is this crazy? If I am late, then I will have a little bit of time off....because I knowingly cannot schedule people. It just would be wrong. :headscratch:

Just wondering what everyone's experiences were!

Jomoma 01-10-2012 08:35 PM

Re: How close to due date did you keep working?

I worked until the day before or off contractions with both of my boys. With my daughter I was already a stay at home mom and had her a week early.

KB'sMama1031 01-10-2012 08:37 PM

lol I worked until 10 days before DS was due, thinking that would give me time to get everything done... he was born that very night, not 6 hours after i got off work!

Greenwife 01-10-2012 10:45 PM

I planned to go to work the day DD arrived. Working up to the end was a nice distraction.

jaelynsmommy61607 01-10-2012 11:13 PM

If all goes well this time I'll be working as close to 40 weeks at possible. With my first I had to stop at 24 and my 2nd at 28. I'm hoping with diet and working out I can keep working. I know it will be helpful working until the end. I was so bored with the others by the end.

Nerissa 01-11-2012 07:03 AM

I worked until the day I delivered with both boys

DS1-- had a leak in the morning at work (though I was just leaking from a full bladder) went to get checked out on my lunch break, said 4 cm to to L&D he was born at 8pm that night (4 weeks early)

DS2-- had what I thought were cramps, BH contractions (3 weeks early) off and on all day at work. went to my regular prenatal appointment, water broke in hallway on the way, DS2 was born less than 10 min later.

Thankgoodness my work is only 15 min from the hospital.

wlillie 01-11-2012 07:15 AM

I worked until the day I went into labor (two days early), but if I would have put others out by going early, then I would have stopped at least a week early.

ouchienurse 01-11-2012 08:05 AM

I was on bedrest with DD but with this one I imagine I will work until the day he comes. I can just see me walking down the hall at work and my water breaking, lol. Luckily I work in a hospital so they can just load me up and take me down the hall

Br2me 01-11-2012 09:21 AM

with dd1 i worked up til teh day we went in to be induced...my bp was up and hurricane Ike was coming sooo dr wanted me in the hospital before it filled up...dd1 was born the next day by c/s due to lack of progress...aka she just wasn't ready to come..and stupid me thought dr knew best instead of letting my body...aka the Lord tell me!

dd2 was a scheduled c/s at 38w5d

this one i am having a vbac with and letting the Lord tell me when its time

eguisgirl 01-11-2012 09:34 AM

DS16 I worked until he was born at 41 5/7 days. Worked as a waitress and in a daycare center as well as finishing high school.
DS8 I worked until I was 38 or 39 weeks. I was working 0.9FTE as an RN so I was on my feet constantly.
DS4 I worked until 38 weeks- same job but 12 hour days. I could not handle it at the end.