Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Can't decide, fitteds vs prefolds (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1335864)

vtechmom 01-11-2012 04:25 PM

Can't decide, fitteds vs prefolds

I've been using primarily prefolds on DD from day one and love them. The thing is the majority of our stash is made up of GMD yellow edges and she's going to be outgrowing them soon. On one-hand, yeah I get to buy new diapers, on the other-hand, ACK to many choices!

My thoughts so far are that I love prefolds but DD is rolling over and already spends her diaper changes trying to squirm her nekky butt away. I know this is only going to get worse as she gets bigger. With my DS and ODD I did fitteds at this stage and I'm thinking maybe I should go back to those, except I love my prefolds (never used them at all before).

So what would you do? Stick with the prefolds or switch to fitteds, and what fitteds do you love? Oh, and I do already have a dozen of the large size Bummis so no matter what I won't be without prefolds of some sort, they just wouldn't be my majority.

shen7 01-11-2012 05:24 PM

Get some GMD workhorse fitteds!!!!! ;) I recommend skipping straight to brown if your LO has a high rise. If they tend to outgrow the waist first, go to reds. I prefer closureless workhorses too.

jacandy 01-11-2012 05:42 PM

Get your gmd fitteds now, they're raising the price I heard!

nonipie 01-11-2012 05:57 PM

Re: Can't decide, fitteds vs prefolds

Yes when we switched from yellows to reds, instead of getting a dozen prefolds I got 6 prefolds and 6 workhorse. It worked out great.

MomBecks 01-11-2012 07:40 PM

I like having a mix of fitteds and prefolds! During the crazy squirmy stage I like to just trifold in a cover for a faster change. And some fitteds I like are MEOS, Babee Greens, and Bamboozles.

mamaspice 01-11-2012 08:44 PM

Do you use wool as both diaper cover and clothing? Do you always fasten your prefolds?

If so, go with fitteds...

But I would do prefolds because I am SO over 2 step diaper changes right now and I like to trifold and prestuff and put it on in one step. Loving it. Prefolds still give me the flexibility to fasten on if I want though.

Our yellows are perfect for trifolding, but I had move up to reds for fastening and when I want more absorbency.

HTH

ETA: Those Bummis are probably a little too long and skinny- why not send those to tinkle traps for conversion and then buy some red edge prefolds too?

MamaDawn 01-11-2012 08:56 PM

I'd do 1/2 prefolds and 1/2 fitteds... And I like the GMD workhorse but my favorites are Made With Love they are AWESOME

Housefullofgirls 01-11-2012 09:30 PM

Prefolds and workhorses in my opinion are better and cheaper than fitteds :goodvibes: HTH

gourami 01-12-2012 06:54 AM

Prefolds are good because they are easy to wash, quicker to dry and hard to ruin. That said I LOVE fitteds. They hold in the poo better and are easier to get a good fit with. I like GMD Workhorse and Motherease Sandy fitteds. I don't like one size fitted usually but I have a kooshie keister and it is really nice!

Kabuki24 01-12-2012 07:22 AM

Another vote for 1/2 and 1/2!