Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Jan (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   sharp pain in front of tummy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1336315)

leeuhhh 01-12-2012 01:16 PM

sharp pain in front of tummy

so the front of my belly suddenly has a sharp pain going through it. it feels like i pulled a muscle. i don't think it was the bed switching thing, because i did that hours ago and this just started. it's so bad i can't really even walk around, my kids are walking around the house with food and i can't get up to stop them :banghead:. i'm having some mild cramping too and just had to take an emergency trip to the bathroom. the sharp pain doesn't feel like a labor thing though. should i call the mw? it does feel a bit better than it did before, but if i get up and walk around it's worse again. thought about calling dh to come home and help me out, but he's off in an hr or so and i can handle the kids as long as they're being good till he gets here. no bleeding or anything. any ideas what it could be? oh now i'm getting some BH.. hmmm. going to go have some water and lay on my side.

DoulainAK 01-12-2012 01:42 PM

Yes call your midwife. It will put your mind at ease. Prob it is a pulled muscle or ligament but it's worth the call.

Mama_Destiny 01-12-2012 02:05 PM

Re: sharp pain in front of tummy

I have something like this, it's been hurting for almost a week now, it gets way worse at night, and when baby pushes up against it. It feels sharp, yet also like it's bruised from the inside. I think it's muscles separating/tearing *cringe*. Mine feels better when I lay on my side or if I push both sides of my tummy together a bit. I meant to ask my Dr. about it at my appt., but I spaced it.

cheetah mommy 01-12-2012 02:20 PM

I have this today. I was trying to get the car seats situated in the car earlier. My sis ended up doing it for me. Love her! After that is when it began. I am going to lay down because of it. I assume it is from all that I was doing. Ugh!

leeuhhh 01-12-2012 02:26 PM

I think its my muscles getting stretched out. It feels better now that I've been lying down. Going to get up in a min and see what happens.

leeuhhh 01-12-2012 04:24 PM

It's totally gone now. Told dh I need extra help tonight so it doesn't happen again. It was scary being incapacitated like that with two kids in the house!

PurpleRina 01-12-2012 05:44 PM

YUCK! Leah, so glad it is improved. Take it easy!

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 01-12-2012 06:08 PM

I'm glad your feeling better:hugs:

leeuhhh 01-12-2012 06:14 PM

Thanks guys! My tummy feels lower now, I think baby crammed herself even further down there somehow. Glorious! Lol.

cheetah mommy 01-12-2012 09:07 PM

So exciting that it went away for you. It is scary not being able to run after your kids. Holy cow it was a rough day here. DH felt it when he came home. Poor guy. I still have the pinch and tightness though. I need to go lay back down.