Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   California (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Help me decide to go to LA or San Diego?!?! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1338367)

akhwbj1 01-16-2012 04:46 PM

Help me decide to go to LA or San Diego?!?!

My husband is traveling for work to LA for 10 days, then home for 2 weeks, and then to San Diego for 10 days. Which one should me and DS(22 months at travel time) go to? We can only go once so I want to make sure to choice the right place for us. I will be traveling alone with DS to whichever one, and the majority of the day time it will just be me and DS going out and about. Which town has more for us to do? And what should we not miss out on doing? Thanks so much for your help.

mommypockets 01-30-2012 11:43 PM

San Diego! They have the zoo and Sea World!

StinkyBuns 03-10-2012 02:12 PM

Re: Help me decide to go to LA or San Diego?!?!

Hmmm it depends on what you like to do...
I consider San Diego more 'outdoorsy' where people are more active bike riding, hiking, etc. The zoo and Sea World are also great.

In LA, there are great hikes too (Griffith Observatory, hikes on the coast off Pacific Coast Hwy) and the beaches are beautiful (Malibu). There's also the more 'hollywood' area & touristy stuff, like the walk of fame, rodeo drive, Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, etc. We also have nice shopping areas like 3rd Street in Santa Monica, The Grove in Los Angeles (midcity).

I live in LA, so if you choose LA, I can give you more specific recommendations.

twinpossible 03-11-2012 03:24 PM

I would chose San Diego, it is much more kid friendly. I lived in LA for 7 years before moving back home to a small town. You cannot rely on public transport in LA and if you are not an aggressive city driver the freeways will give you a heart attack! All the really fun things to do in LA involve a horrific freeway trip...I have also vacationed in San Diego and loved it. The Wild Animal Park, Zoo, Lego Land and Sea World are all a lot of fun. The parks usually offer deals where you can go to all for a flat fee and sometimes they combine that deal with a hotel.

effevesse 03-30-2012 11:06 AM

San Diego! It's beautiful here and the zoo is great. LA is all about going out for food :)

MahinaParis 05-08-2012 10:28 AM

I live in Los Angeles but I would totally suggest San Diego! It seems so much nicer and kid friendly there. Plus Sea World, the Zoo and Legoland are all down there. You and the DS will love it!

bubbaloubaby 05-08-2012 10:27 PM

San Diego! It so nice and fun there. Lots of entertainment for both of you.

majomama 05-08-2012 10:31 PM

I live in orange county, which is in between LA and San Diego. I would recommend San Diego!! I feel like its less hustle and bustle down there.

Then there is Sea World, the zoo, wild animal park, beaches. And they are always less crowded than disneyland!!

thealmightyme 05-08-2012 10:33 PM

I've been to both zoos, San Diego all the way. I live in LA also. I prefer the zoo in SD. My son doesn't care though, he's 4 so the animals is all he cares about.

Sabinalivesgreen 09-06-2012 06:49 PM

San Diego is awesome! Check out the San Diego aquarium that’s the best place to go but Sea World is always fun but they might be closed if summer hours are over.