Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Craft Chat (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Arg, need knitting help (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1339538)

B+EBabyDipes 01-18-2012 10:23 PM

Arg, need knitting help

Hello,
My name is Carly and I started knitting in the beginning of December! I am totally ADDICTED!!!

So I've made a few things and am now attempting a sweater....

Here's where I'm stuck;
I have begun to shape in the sleeves which are attached to the back. Then is says "Divide for fronts" Huh? Then it says, "next row k48 sts, leave those sts on a spare needle, cast off next 21 sts, k to end" more Huh??? Then come, "cast on last set of 48 sts only for left front. Work further 25rows ending at sleeve edge"

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Carly

*KaiMom* 01-18-2012 10:31 PM

Re: Arg, need knitting help

Divide for fronts means this is where the sweater will divide of the arm stitches, the front stitches (like where the buttons will be) and the back stitches.

So start your next row and knit the 48 stitches. Use a piece of string or something and put all 48 stitches that you just knit on that string don't bind them off of anything these are called live stitches because you can put them back on your needle later and start knitting again.

Then cast off the next 21 stitches then knit the rest of the way which I would assume would be 48 stitches.

HMMM the last part is a little confusing. What pattern are you using?

I assume from the pattern you are doing a waist up sweater where you knit back and forth until the arms.

B+EBabyDipes 01-19-2012 09:25 AM

Thanks so much!

So I just keep knitting with the same yarn I just put the 45 stitches on a string then continue knotting on my needles?

Thanks again

*KaiMom* 01-19-2012 10:22 AM

Re: Arg, need knitting help

Quote:

Originally Posted by B+EBabyDipes (Post 14482959)
Thanks so much!

So I just keep knitting with the same yarn I just put the 45 stitches on a string then continue knotting on my needles?

Thanks again

Yes

fallaway 01-19-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B+EBabyDipes
Thanks so much!

Thanks again

Yes, though you would be starting the BO. So knit 2, then pass the first stitch you knitted over as for your regular BO - that counts as 1 stitch bound off. Then when you've BO the correct number of stitches, you will have one stitch on the right needle. That will count as the 1st stitch of the next section - so after the last BO stitch, you're already 1 stitch into the next section, woohoo!

B+EBabyDipes 01-21-2012 09:09 PM

Ok thanks I think I got it!