Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Special Needs (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Know any brands of CD's for older children? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1341721)

lea*enchanted 01-22-2012 09:25 PM

Know any brands of CD's for older children?

DS is 4 1/2 and is still bed wetting nearly every night, I'm so tired of spending the money on sposies so I'm looking for a CD for a 45lb, 4 1/2 year old heavy wetter. He is pretty much out of the largest diaper I could find, and if I stuff it full enough to hold his pee it doesn't fit his skinny legs and he just pees out of the leg and completely misses the diaper.
Any idea's on CD brands for older children?

iris0110 01-22-2012 10:22 PM

Re: Know any brands of CD's for older children?

Snap-ez is the best. She has a special needs dd and she makes diapers and trainers large enough for adults. I used the trainers for Kearnan when he was 5 and still in diapers but he was tiny so he was only in the 2t's. Tharen is still bed wetting even though he has been potty learned for years. He out grew his last trainers a year ago and I figured he would stop bed wetting soon so I was just buying pull ups. Well now he is wetting through pull ups several nights a week and frankly I am tired of buying pull ups (plus it bothers me to buy them having had him in cloth since birth). I just bought him some Snap ez youth md stuffable trainers and bamboo prefolds to stuff them with. Snap ez specializes in diapers and trainers for special needs children and adults so you should be able to find what you need there.

http://www.snap-ez.com/InfoAIOTrainers.html

ssand23 01-24-2012 03:54 PM

I've been using Flip trainers as diapers. I double the inserts & they work for nights even with him needing to wake for a bottle every 2-3 hours (he's 2 but on a liquid only diet). He takes in 15-18 oz over the course of the night.
Luke has a 24 inch waist & 14+ inch thighs. Grovia trainers run much smaller & would be too small. They only cover 1/2 a butt cheek lol If you like wool, Disana makes a size 4-5 wool soaker. The XL Sbish fitteds are really big (Luke has a lit of grow room in these) and the most absorbent diaper I've come across in ages.

P.S. if you ever need a disposable, they are hard to find but Pampers does make a size 7. Amazon sells them. It's a cheaper alternative to the Goodnights & holds more than a Pull up. I know at the hospital, we often need disposables.

stephanie, mom to 3 big girls (1/94, 8/99 & 9/02) & 1 little guy (12/30/09)

astutzman 01-24-2012 04:30 PM

Hiney Liney's has a big kid diaper! http://www.hineylineys.com/purchase/...tegory&path=39

I just found out and ordered several! I also have a 4 1/2 yr old ds with special needs. I am going to check out snap-ez too! I am so glad to have found this post!

BebeMaker 01-26-2012 09:45 PM

I use Mother-ease One Size Diapers! No experience with the others mentioned above. Just wanted to throw out another option. Good luck!

jesslfar 01-27-2012 04:42 PM

Flip is a good choice. I also take a imse vimse cloth trainer and put it on top at night, they come in very large sizes, up to 54 lbs. Without the trainer on top I've found most diapers even a pullup will leak over night with us.

Havah 01-28-2012 08:51 AM

:hugs: I feel you. DS (5) has HFA and still bedwets - he's 50 lbs and solidly built with "older kid" dimensions (neither husky nor lanky), so finding non-sposie night pants have been nigh impossible (if the rise is tall enough, they're too wide ... or they just take forever to dry :p). But here's what's caught my attention:

MotherGoose Designs (a WAHM here on DS) makes a plethora of training options, and she does custom sizes as well (just give her your LO's measurements). JoAnna is really good about communication. If he can do pull-on, I'd recommend the quick-dry stuffable (towards the bottom of the page). She primarily had older bedwetters as testers for that one. :thumbsup: She also makes a pull-on pocket trainer - my only complaint about that one is it's a pain to stuff.

There are also SuperUndies, Flip Trainers (as a mama above said) and GroVia trainers now. The latter two are Side-Snap with stretchy sides; and the GroVia has a "feel cool" layer next to the skin to alert LO's they're wet - my only concern is they might run small. SuperUndies have one just for nighttime.

Good luck!

beckis 02-02-2012 04:59 PM

I just got flip trainers and they are SNUG on my 48lbd 4 yr old...honestly they don't cover very well in the bottom area and my son hates them & says they hurt because they are too tight. Maybe if they made an XL version...

shirekat 02-08-2012 11:47 AM

I am so glad I found this post! I have been looking for some good options for both my 5yo boy and 4yo girl. Thanks so much! :D

Havah 02-08-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beckis (Post 14576280)
I just got flip trainers and they are SNUG on my 48lbd 4 yr old...honestly they don't cover very well in the bottom area and my son hates them & says they hurt because they are too tight. Maybe if they made an XL version...

Yep - I tried them on both my 50# 5YO DS and my 30# 2YO DD1. Fit her great, but a hair too snug for him. Still, he said they felt nicer than his underJams. The GroVia fit him better (w/ plus-size tabs) without red-marks, but the rise is a hair too short (plumber-butt!) I stuffed one with two Flip Trainer inserts and they'll hold a single normal wet on him, but not two or a super-soak. Still, better than laundering sheets every day or endless boxes of sposies, and again: he says they feel better than the sposies. I hope they either make an older bedwetter pant or he stops wetting over the summer. :p