Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Best Bottom cover size question (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1341834)

kcraft5 01-23-2012 07:54 AM

Best Bottom cover size question

Hi,
I'm considering buying a Best Bottom OS cover to use with my son who is right up around 34-ish lbs. We currently use mostly Thirsties with prefolds and those fit him well. Does anyone know if I could use the Best Bottom cover with a prefold with my son and it would fit him okay? The info I've found on Best Bottoms say they go up to 35+ lbs. I've tried flips on him and they fit (also rated up to 35 lbs).

I'm hoping he'll potty train soon, but alas, who knows when that will happen! :banghead:

Thanks for the advice!
-Kate

thejuel 01-23-2012 07:58 AM

Re: Best Bottom cover size question

Hmmm...I don't think they would truly go up to 35lbs but it also depends on the baby's build. Try one from Nicki's Diapers. They have a wash and wear program that you can try it out and return it for store credit if you don't like it.

I found Thirsties covers to be the largest we tried.

McDMom 01-23-2012 03:41 PM

If he fits in a Thirsties he should fit in a BB but not for too long. There are many more covers that will last longer, SweetPeas are one example. My 31 lb DD even has one rise snapped down but in her BBs and Thirsties she is all unsnapped.

Kelbel81906 01-23-2012 06:15 PM

My 30 pound 2 1/2 year old still wears a BB cover on the 2nd largest rise setting. I was able to get my 4 year old in one (with a bribe) and it fit on the largest setting. He's 39 pounds and 40 inches tall. You can use extender tabs with them to fit up to 50 pounds. Of course each child is differently shaped so it will vary by child. Like PP said, Nicki's Diapers has a 15 Day Wash program so you can use it and if you don't like it, return it for full store credit and get something else. Also, all BB products ship for free at Nicki's Diapers.

Also, I've used prefolds with them quite often, works very well!

mfergy0625 01-23-2012 06:34 PM

I think they would still fit my 30ish pounder waist wise but I found their rise to be too short (I tried them almost 2 years ago though so they might have changed a bit)

McDMom 01-24-2012 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfergy0625 (Post 14512965)
I think they would still fit my 30ish pounder waist wise but I found their rise to be too short (I tried them almost 2 years ago though so they might have changed a bit)

Yep, that's us too. FYI, she fits best in the aplix cover due to her high rise.

kcraft5 01-31-2012 08:17 AM

Thanks for the replies mamma's. I bought one on here and it was too small round the waist, so I've ordered the extender tabs and that should work (I hope!). :) Thanks again for the advice!