Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Special Needs (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   ww told to quit playing the disability card! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1342957)

Maddalena 01-25-2012 06:40 AM

ww told to quit playing the disability card!

I was on another forum for like a year and a half. Every time I mentioned that both my kids have disabilities a couple people got on and told me to stop playing the disability card! OMG! Really?! I wasn't looking for sympathy or playing any card. Just stating a fact and talking about them in general. I'm glad I found DS. I found mommies that have kids who aren't perfect and would understand a vent about my life being crazy with constant appointments and case managers and physical therapists and such.

jennyfa 01-25-2012 09:26 AM

Re: ww told to quit playing the disability card!

Ugh! Sorry you've had that experience. I've found this board to be really supportive, so I hope you do too. :)

TyAndCheyMommy 01-25-2012 09:35 AM

Hugs
I know what you mean. I have a daughter with cerebral palsy and son with Asperger's.
Worse is the looks I get and comments made that I shouldn't have had kids (I am in wheelchair as well).

Anna0623 01-25-2012 11:13 AM

That is crazy! If you have a child wit special needs it is difficult and they should be supportive. I don't have any children with disabilities right now but Microcephaly runs in my family and i know that there is a possibility that i may have a child with this disability.TyAndCheyMommy that is horrible that someone would tell you that. Im sorry to both of you for meeting such horrible people, they should spend some of that energy helping or supporting people. They might come to realize that they could make a difference, or even some friends!

Maddalena 01-25-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TyAndCheyMommy
Hugs
I know what you mean. I have a daughter with cerebral palsy and son with Asperger's.
Worse is the looks I get and comments made that I shouldn't have had kids (I am in wheelchair as well).

Ignorance sucks!!!! How would they feel if we told them they shouldn't have kids cause they have _______ wrong with them.?!! Dang! Hate that crap!!

mibarra 01-25-2012 12:53 PM

People who don't have children with disabilities truly don't understand how much of your life it is, if that makes sense. Some people are just dumb, mean, or both! ;)

turtlebutterfly 01-25-2012 09:01 PM

people are asses pure and simple.

pickeljuice 01-25-2012 10:11 PM

ugg I so understand. I mention it in everyday conversation too! It is a part of my life. its my "normal" shame on those people for saying that to you. and the internet is often a place to come and be-able to say those things anyway, gesh....
i dont post here often but I read alot. glad you made it over:goodvibes:

ssand23 01-26-2012 09:55 PM

People can be real jerks. I'm sorry that you had to deal with garbage like that.

stephanie, mom to 3 big girls (1/94, 8/99 & 9/02) & 1 little guy (12/30/09)

momofcutebutts 01-27-2012 12:01 PM

:hugs: sorry mama! After almost 4 years of motherhood I found myself being very lonely - as soon as I would need some help. It is so hard to be a good mom, but instead of support, understanding and help you seem to get judgements and "advises":yuck: