Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Not sure how I feel about this....possibly pregnant.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13431)

riandkymommy 06-11-2006 10:39 AM

Not sure how I feel about this....possibly pregnant....

The other night while DH and I were having sex, he forgot to pull out. We use the pull and pray method of BC. It wasn't just a oops, some of it might have come out, it was "the full monty"

Here is why it is not the best timing. If I were pg, I would be due Mar 8 and DH is leaving for Afghanistan sometime either end Jan or early Feb for at least 6 months. Both times we have gotten pregnant it has not been hard. It was first shot both times. I was also right smack dab in my most fertile time. Kyla is only 9 months now. I am a little freaked out.

I am not trying to make anyone feel bad or anything by posting this here, but I am not sure where else to post it! I feel scared. It wouldn't be the end of the world, but I am quite far from my mom and the rest of my family. I do have alot of close friends here, but it is not the same. I can't travel home for his tour either as Riley will be in school. We were planning on trying when he was home for his leave from tour, so it is not unwelcome, just suprising!

I know I shouldn't worry until I know for sure, but 2 weeks is a long time as I am sure you all know!!

I am sorry if I offended anyone or if I posted in the wrong area.

Ontariomama 06-11-2006 10:54 AM

Re: Not sure how I feel about this....possibly pregnant....

Well.... it's earlier than you guys wanted (er, sorry, YOU wanted! lol M will be thrilled! ;)) but hey, if the thought of tandem nursing doesn't thrill ya, just think of all the newborn fluff!!!! :D

I'll talk to you later on - gotta go finish Kyla's swim dipe!

CrunchyPeach 06-11-2006 10:56 AM

:hugs:

I know how hard it is to be so far from family especially when you have small kids and are pregnant. It isn't fun at all. I hope you get whatever outcome you're hoping for with this. Remember that we're never given more than we can handle. :goodvibes:

Fuzzi Fannies Creations 06-11-2006 11:19 AM

Aww sweetie, we are here for you...:hugs:

angel0123 06-11-2006 01:53 PM

I beleive things happen for a reason. As a big planner I understand the feelings you must have. Do you think your were O'ing when this happened?
GL let us know what happens?

zonapellucida 06-11-2006 02:04 PM

((((HUGS))))))

Merolu 06-11-2006 02:14 PM

While my DH and I use condoms every single time, we are also in the too-soon-not-planned position. I spotted, have strong symptoms and missed a period, but I am still getting neg tests ( I tested neg til 8 weeks last time) so DH considers it a "might be pregnant" thing. I agree with some PP's, both that we are not given more than we can bear even though it may seem too much at the time and that when the time's right, we don't have much say, sometimes those little babies are DETERMINED! KWIM? I hope you get the outcome you want, whether pg or not pg, those two weeks are so hard on patience. I'll look for your posts come testing time. :)
Mel

riandkymommy 06-11-2006 02:20 PM

Thanks for the support mamas!! I will definitely keep you updated!

SheilaJoy 06-11-2006 02:26 PM

Well, I can tell you that when I got pregnant with Hannah, she was not planned. We were using NFP, but I got the dates wrong and got pregnant with her. She is my fifth, and my third and fourth (both boys) are handfulls. I was not pleased to be pregnant.

As soon as I got the positive test, I sat on the edge of my bed and cried. My dh thought it was from happiness, but it wasn't. I didn't know how I was going to handle it all, going through another pregnancy with all the dr visits and the physical crap that comes along with pregnancy. I had no family near us, except dh's family, which is pretty much like having no family. And I'm not one that enjoys being pregnant, I am miserable, sick and tired the whole nine months. Then, having another baby with my two boys was unimaginable.

Well, it was hard, of course. Hannah is now 7 months old, and it's been a tough year, but we made it. The boys are getting older and a little easier to handle. And I've never once regretted having Hannah, she's such a joy and a blessing.

So, anyway, that's my story of an unplanned pregnancy. Hope it helps you some! :hugs:

riandkymommy 06-11-2006 02:30 PM

Thank you for your story. It makes me feel better that someone else understands my emotions and had a great outcome! I am lucky in the fact that I LOVE being pregnant....just not the labor, lol!