Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thrifty Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Your thrifty cloth diaper bag? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1344466)

momomom 01-27-2012 07:28 PM

Your thrifty cloth diaper bag?

I'm obsessively shopping for a new diaper bag. I want something cute but not flashy. I need plenty of room for the cd's. I was going to buy a Diaper Dude bag I found on sale but I'm holding out for something more ergonomic. I'd love a Ju Ju Be bag that goes from backpack to shoulder bag. But that would obviously be NOT thrifty.

What do you use and love for your cd's???

TheGreenBee 01-27-2012 07:37 PM

I have a thrifty Jujube. I borrowed it from my SIL. I don't think I would have bought one on my own. I could never find "the perfect" diaper bag and always ended up using a nice big purse and then just keeping a stocked diaper bag in my car.

Really, I can spell. It's my phone that can'tSent from my iPhone using DS Forum

RastaBaby 01-27-2012 08:39 PM

I LOVED my Cocoa tree from the JJ Cole Mode Diaper Bag line for 2 reasons: the colors and patterns are adorable and the bag is SPACIOUS! On the other hand the bag didn't last me very long because it faded and I didn't even use it everyday. I have been stalking the Skip Hop Versa for a while...so much versatility in one bag. Ahhhhh

momomom 01-27-2012 08:54 PM

Re: Your thrifty cloth diaper bag?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreenBee (Post 14540889)
I have a thrifty Jujube. I borrowed it from my SIL. I don't think I would have bought one on my own. I could never find "the perfect" diaper bag and always ended up using a nice big purse and then just keeping a stocked diaper bag in my car.

GreenBee- do you think a Ju Ju Be is worth it if I could find one used for like 50% off retail? And which one did you have?

I've looked at purses but I want every pocket zippered and a long strap to go across my body- that seems really hard to find.

TheGreenBee 01-27-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momomom

GreenBee- do you think a Ju Ju Be is worth it if I could find one used for like 50% off retail? And which one did you have?

I've looked at purses but I want every pocket zippered and a long strap to go across my body- that seems really hard to find.

Out of all the diaper bags I have used over three kids the JJB is the one I liked most. I have one from Danier Leather as well that I love. I would spend $50 on a JJB and I think second hand it is plausible that you can find one that will work for that price. I have a Packabee and do really like it.

mrspopo 01-28-2012 02:49 AM

Most of my baby items came from freebies on craigslist. So the 4 or so diaper bags I have were all free. My favorite is actually a set of 2 that match but have different colors. One is a main bag for in the car, the other gets used for special outtings that come up. I'm not too picky, so they aren't perfect but they're good enough for me.

momomom 01-29-2012 12:10 PM

Anyone else? I need to check freecycle; I've heard my local one is good, but it's hard for me to navigate.

2+2macht4 01-30-2012 02:59 AM

I have just that a jujube bff. They retail for over 200 usd in Germany. For while I was looking at one on DS used for 99, but then I still have to pay shipping to my mom, shipping to myself here and then taxes.

So my end solution. I sold a bunch of stuff on ebay, I keep all sales money seperate so it can go towards nice luxuries.

I then found a bag on ebay germany new with tags for 110 euro shipped with the option to make an offer, I countered with 80 and she accepted.

So in the end, it was free as it was paid by selling of junk we never use on ebay, kind of like when you bring back bottles, it is like free money already spent then refunded.

So I would watch fsot and watch ebay. See if you can trade.

I love the bag it is fantastic.

blackbirdmama*3 01-30-2012 06:40 AM

I had a jjb packabe that I absolutely loved! I bought it in EUC on ebay for $45. I was on the lookout for one for about 3 months when I found it.

blackbirdmama*3 01-30-2012 06:40 AM