Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Diaper Sprayer - Necessity or luxury? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1345269)

Mom2Harvey 01-29-2012 05:46 PM

Diaper Sprayer - Necessity or luxury?

Just wondering if you all would recommend getting a diaper sprayer? Thanks!

joyous 01-29-2012 05:49 PM

It's not a necessity. A lot of mamas CD successfully without one. For me, I couldn't deal with solids poop without one. It makes a huge difference, especially with peanut butter poop. If it's in your budget, I would definitely get one

amandartr 01-29-2012 05:49 PM

We never used a diaper sprayer. I considered getting one at one time, but figured it was just as easy to shake the diapers over the toilet when necessary. A lot of people do swear by them. We are now on baby number two, and I don't plan on getting one this time around either. I think I would rather spend the money on some cute diapers!

nonipie 01-29-2012 06:00 PM

Re: Diaper Sprayer - Necessity or luxury?

It's not a necessity but I really like mine. I have CD one child without one and one with and I am so glad we got one the second time around. It was workable without one for sure but much easier with one. I got mine on ebay for $20 so it was worth it to me.

jam's mum 01-29-2012 06:04 PM

worth it for sure. for us, anyway. I think of it as paying .5 cents a poop.

megenic 01-29-2012 06:05 PM

For me, it's a necessity. I would not cloth diaper without it. I seem to make babies who don't believe in solid poop, and if I had to scrape or dunk one or two times a day, I would have given up years ago :giggle:

babymamma 01-29-2012 06:06 PM

Definitely not necessary but I got one for my second baby because DH and I couldnt deal with DS' toddler poop and ultimately quit cloth when he was about 2 yrs or so. I want to do everything possible to make sure I stick with it this time!

magoose 01-29-2012 06:26 PM

I don't think it's a necessity, but it certainly makes things a lot easier! DS never had solid poops. It was always peanut buttery mush. Nothing would ever just shake or fall off, so spraying the diaper made things much much easier. If I had to, I could CD without it, but having a sprayer definitely makes things much easier.

cjslater1 01-29-2012 06:28 PM

I love my diaper sprayer...now that I have it I need it, but if I had never had one I am sure that I wouldn't really need it.

BebeMaker 01-29-2012 06:36 PM

Absolutely! Just be careful about using it in front of your toddler! LOL! They are smarter than you think!!! :-D