Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   MIL got the wrong diapers (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1345297)

solarbabies 01-29-2012 07:36 PM

MIL got the wrong diapers

I just had my son a week ago and MIL wanted to get him something. We have everything we need. But she kept asking what she could get....so I kinda joked cloth diapers. She asked what kind and I told her BG elementals and where to get them (cottonbabies.com) She ordered 1, then ordered 7 more. Well, the one came already and she gave it to me today....it's a 4.0, not an elemental. We don't do pockets, I have just never cared for them. And DD seems sensitive to suadecloth, but we haven't tried in a long time. Basically they are NIP (well the other ones will be too once I get them) I didn't have the heart to tell her those aren't the right ones. What can I do? Do you think cottonbabies would do and exchange and I pay the difference for BGEs? Or any other ideas? I could keep them and try again, but I really do like BGE's better, it's all we use.

Sew_Sweet 01-29-2012 07:40 PM

Re: MIL got the wrong diapers

Wouldn't hurt to ask if they would - I have no idea though. You could keep one just to try it though.

jaelynsmommy61607 01-29-2012 07:42 PM

They'll exchange them. They can look up her order with her name.

cjslater1 01-29-2012 07:50 PM

I would just exchange for the same colors she picked, she won't know the difference.

Sew_Sweet 01-29-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjslater1 (Post 14551215)
I would just exchange for the same colors she picked, she won't know the difference.

Good idea :goodvibes:

mfergy0625 01-29-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

I would do this. I'm sure Cottonbabies would exchange them if they are brand new. You will have to pay shipping back to them though

solarbabies 01-29-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

yeah, that's what I was thinking.... I just don't love pockets and don't like microfiber and suadecloth.

Do I just email cottonbabies? I have never returned anything online like this...will they email her that the diapers are coming back?? I really prefer she doesn't know that I switch them out.

Mama2McKenna 01-29-2012 08:02 PM

I would email them, and tell them the situation. One would think that they would like to keep their customers happy. Do they have some sort of registry? If not you could make a suggestion, and that would help prevent them from having this happen again?

newtocloth2 01-29-2012 08:13 PM

I would just ask cottonbabies, but I'm sure they will exchange them.

jaelynsmommy61607 01-29-2012 08:22 PM

Email customer service and let them know. They'll advise you to fill put the rma form and then ship them back.