Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Match diapes to outfit? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1345365)

hokiebear 01-29-2012 09:56 PM

Match diapes to outfit?

This is probably a dumb question but I'm both sleep deprived and a fashion idiot so please bear with me...

Let's say I have a child in a cute top (dress or t shirt) and I have an orange diaper to match it. We're going out. Do you all really then only take orange diapers with you that day?

I find that my children's diapers generally match first thing in the morning but after that it's a total crapshoot (no pun intended) even to the point where boys are wearing pink, girls are in planes etc. Then I go out and I realize once I'm there that LO's are all clashing head to toe: orange shirt/purple diape, printed green T/pink bows diape (on a boy!), Yellow dotted dress/camoflage diape etc. - it's horrifying really. But I leave the car packed with diapes so I don't have to constnatly re-pack the diaper bag right before leaving the house so there's no way to match on a daily basis- there is enough to remember and if I forgot diapers it would be an utter disaster. Even if they do (by some miracle) match, it's almost guaranteed that that child will spit up/vomit/eat messily necessitating an outfit change, which will then clash with the diaper.
How do you deal? Only bring one color diape/day? What if the outfit needs changing? Am I overthinking this???

Here's the other part - I'm basically an unintentional walking advertisement for cloth diapers because we get a lot of (unwanted) attention and a lot of people notice the diapers -but fine, if it has to be that way (the constant attention I mean), I want to at least show the diapers off in a good light and not look like I'm totally colorblind.

What do you guys do about matching the diape to the outfit (assuming the diaper shows I mean. If it doesn't show, I couldn't care less.)

southernbelle04 01-29-2012 10:02 PM

I usually don't worry about matching diapers unless we are going out. I'll "save" the matching one & put it on just before we leave. :)

lilangel8185 01-29-2012 10:39 PM

Re: Match diapes to outfit?

i wouldnt really worry about matching diapers to outfits, if it really bothers you, maybe you could put gender neutral plain diapers, likewhite, in the diaper bag but my boys have went out in pink diapies when I just grabbed one of their sis's diapers.

babylatch 01-30-2012 01:17 AM

I went with alot of white and bought at least two of each color.

Cdra 01-30-2012 01:22 AM

I wondered about this too. I have a little girl and would prefer she not clash too bad. I have a few of each color and figured if I had to I would use prefolds and a cover that matches her outfit and I could use throughout the day.

My Sweet Blessings 01-30-2012 01:30 AM

I never match them. To me its like underwear and I don't match my underwear. My sister in law does, thoguh. She will pill out a stack of diapers for the days outfit.

Cdra 01-30-2012 01:36 AM

I wouldn't care if you can't see the diaper but I plan on using them uncovered under dresses and with just a top in the summer.

My Sweet Blessings 01-30-2012 02:21 AM

Even when I do just a diaper with a shirt I don't worry about it matching. They are babies, Not run way models lol I don't bat aneye

P!nkPepper 01-30-2012 07:49 AM

For me, if its gonna show, its got to look cute. Not exactly match but not crazy insane either. I had a lot of FCOL shirts that coordinated with diapers. However, if he wore pants then who cares? This time I have a lot of Noodle bG dipes.

nonipie 01-30-2012 08:58 AM

I don't think I have ever tried to match a diaper and outfit but I also have never taken a child out without pants or something covering the diaper so it's a non-issue. If I think it might show over their pants I might use a white one if it's clean.