Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What to use after they outgrow the newborn stash (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1345378)

thebrg 01-29-2012 10:38 PM

What to use after they outgrow the newborn stash

My son is growing so fast. He has already doubled his birth weight in only 2 months. He is now almost 13 lbs! I have my daughters Flips that I was going to transition him into, but I thought I'd have more time. What do you all use after newborn? Kind of nervous about the breast milk poo and just inserts...

mznia504 01-29-2012 10:57 PM

Re: What to use after they outgrow the newborn stash

you can get some nanas bottoms size smalls for pretty cheap either new or FSOT :)

mamaspice 01-29-2012 11:05 PM

I used small GMD prefolds and covers.

nrgburst 01-29-2012 11:19 PM

How many Flips do you have? They dry so fast that I found I was fine with only two covers and with a semi-newspaper fold with our infant prefolds. (I didn't like to snappi the prefolds shut, but the channels kept the poo off the cover if she went.)
I personally loved the small BG AIOs (And my one small Ragababe). But he should fit in the OS dipes now- my chunkers DD2 did too, at about 5 weeks old. :)

graces-mommie 01-29-2012 11:32 PM

I have small BGAIO's, BG bamboo fitteds, thirsties AIO's and fitteds, and a few pockets (FB, HH, KND) for once these babies outgrown their NB's. I'll buy more of something eventually, but am just waiting to determine gender.

What if you just used your prefolds in a few size small covers until they grow in to the flips?

seacat 01-29-2012 11:32 PM

My seven week old little guy is the same size. We are using BG small AIO, Thirsties Duo Size 1 and BGE/4.0s. I love my BG smalls.

el's mama 01-30-2012 12:15 AM

I used prefolds snappi'd and SoftBums. Even though onesize diapers fit earlier, I found them bulky until about 5 months.

Lesley@CottonBabies 01-30-2012 09:19 PM

We used the bumGenius 4.0 diapers after the newborn stage, and absolutely love them! They're still are favorite diaper!

mariamommy 01-30-2012 09:32 PM

Use the flip covers over prefolds, the prefolds will still contain the EBF poo provided they are secured around the waist somehow, snappi or pins.

*LizziesLoops* 01-30-2012 11:18 PM

We usually go straight from NB diapers/infant PFs to OS diapers. I mostly use BGOS and have a few flips/econobums as well. I prefer to snappi any PFs. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to need more BGOS for when this baby arrives. YDD is still in diapers and I don't see an end to that anytime soon! At the same time I'm not wanting to buy enough for 2 in diapers only to have too many when YDD DOES finally PL *sigh* So who knows what will happen here. I do need to sit down and convert all my old BGOS 3.0s to snaps and replace the elastic though...the aplix and elastic are pretty worn out on the majority of my OS stash. This will be baby #3 using essentially the same stash of OS diapers. I've added maybe 10 diapers to my original stash of 20 BGOS. I'm just not sure that 30 BGOS and a few fitteds & PFs will make it for 2 in diapers.