Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Happy Heinys Sizing help (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1345405)

crunchyNurseMommy 01-29-2012 11:48 PM

Happy Heinys Sizing help
 
Looking for sizing help for Happy Heinys pockets and fitteds!

My son is 16 months old, 24-25 pounds, and about 35". He has a long torso with a rise that measures about 17-18" with thin thighs (about 8"). I want a diaper that will last him until potty training.

He needs a stay dry layer to prevent rashes. I have some Thirsties hemp inserts that I will use in the inside so I am not concerned if inserts are included or not.

Anyone have experience with the sized pockets vs. OS pocket? AND new style vs. old style?

What about sized fitteds vs. OS fitted? (I heard the sized fitteds run small)

Thanks for the help!

bigmamakelsey 01-30-2012 08:44 AM

Re: Happy Heinys Sizing help
 
I don't know about the pockets, but IMO the heiny hugger sized fitteds definitely run large. I got a size large for DS when he was almost 2 and nearly 30lbs, and it was laughably huge. Go for a medium for sure!:)

crunchyNurseMommy 01-30-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey
I don't know about the pockets, but IMO the heiny hugger sized fitteds definitely run large. I got a size large for DS when he was almost 2 and nearly 30lbs, and it was laughably huge. Go for a medium for sure!:)

Thanks mama!What is the difference between the the heiny hugger & the hemp fitted? Bc I heard those run small.
Anyone else?

Nerissa 01-30-2012 06:04 PM

Re: Happy Heinys Sizing help
 
The old style Happy Heiny Pockets run big. For that reason I really like them. My 2.5 year old who is 31lbs and 36 or 37in and very stocky has plenty of room in the OS and the large. He even still fits the medium. I got some when he was about 16 months and 25/26lbs and just starting to walk. He wore them one snap down at that time.

i haven't tried the new style but I was talking to the owner of our local CD store and she said they run smaller but not a ton smaller.

crunchyNurseMommy 01-30-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerissa
The old style Happy Heiny Pockets run big. For that reason I really like them. My 2.5 year old who is 31lbs and 36 or 37in and very stocky has plenty of room in the OS and the large. He even still fits the medium. I got some when he was about 16 months and 25/26lbs and just starting to walk. He wore them one snap down at that time.

i haven't tried the new style but I was talking to the owner of our local CD store and she said they run smaller but not a ton smaller.

Thanks mama! Do you think the OS would be a better investment?

Nerissa 01-30-2012 07:26 PM

Re: Happy Heinys Sizing help
 
I would go with the OS. they look a little bulkly but in reality I have been able to get them under his jeans the entire time I have used them... they are pretty trim. I like that the pocket is pretty big so it makes double stuffin for night much easier.

i also use them at night with the MF insert and a pad folded green edge DR prefold. Works great

crunchyNurseMommy 01-30-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerissa
I would go with the OS. they look a little bulkly but in reality I have been able to get them under his jeans the entire time I have used them... they are pretty trim. I like that the pocket is pretty big so it makes double stuffin for night much easier.

i also use them at night with the MF insert and a pad folded green edge DR prefold. Works great

Thanks again! I just bought one of FSOT! Yeah :)
Have you tried the happy hempy fitteds? I have made my own fitteds which I love but never have the time to sew to make more!

Nerissa 01-30-2012 07:52 PM

Re: Happy Heinys Sizing help
 
No i have tried the fitteds. just the pockets.

Hope it works for you.

crunchyNurseMommy 01-30-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerissa
No i have tried the fitteds. just the pockets.

Hope it works for you.

Thanks again! One
More question if you don't mind. Their website says the solid colors are more leak proof than the prints. Have you notice any difference?

Mamaleah 01-30-2012 09:36 PM

Re: Happy Heinys Sizing help
 
I've just tried the OS. I have some of the older ones that I got on FSOT and then some of the newer ones. Surprisingly, I think the newest ones I have (got from a store in the past couple months) seem to fit bigger than all the other ones I have (even the new style ones from 7-8 months ago). But that could be because they are newer. The velcro strip on the old style tends to curl, but when on the baby it is fine...but maybe you like the snaps? I just use aplix. I do not know about the fitteds. I also got a OS organic on sale for cheap to try. I like it and it is bigger than the other OS..which I like. But since the organic fabric (hemp) shrinks after being washed the top fabirc above the velcro strip curls a little. But I still really like it and it is fine when on my DS. My DS is 31lbs and 34ish" and these are my favorite diapers!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors