Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   BG Freetime vs. Tot Bots Easy Fit (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1345451)

mama2Holden 01-30-2012 07:44 AM

BG Freetime vs. Tot Bots Easy Fit

Anyone have an opinion on these two? I would especially like to hear from those who have tried both. I want to simplify my stash and only have 2 kinds of diapers (a good aio or pocket for daytime & MEOS with wool at night).

I'll tell you my hold backs on both diapers...

The Tot Bots seem great. Only thing is I don't really like stuffing pockets. Mostly because I'm a little ocd and always think I didn't stuff it right. Some diapers, like the lone HH I have, are a pita to stuff. Are these easy?

Now for the Freetime, these seems perfect except I'm wondering if they will be good babysitter diapers?? I would get the velcro ones but for some reason I'm scared the inserts would be folded in some weird way that the microfiber would touch baby's skin. I could just tell everyone how to use them but I'd rather have a self explanatory diaper. Are these easy for those that don't know about cloth diapers?

Thanks for listening to all of this! :goodvibes:

MomBecks 01-30-2012 08:44 AM

Re: BG Freetime vs. Tot Bots Easy Fit

I'd say Easy Fits because I've heard that Free Times are hard to spray off but I haven't tried them. I don't think Easy Fits are very hard to stuff because everything's attatched, but I'm not very particular about it. Easy Fit Aplix is amazing too! Do you need stay-dry or prefer natural fibers?

seacat 01-30-2012 11:56 AM

How old is your child? I found that the Tots Bots were not absorbent enough for DS. You must line up the insert in the pocket or I got leaks, we also had issues with the velcro rubbing DS. The free time is really easy. They lay in a way that makes it self explanatory. Its also really absorbent. I don't have any issues getting them clean.

gem898 01-30-2012 12:01 PM

Ditto on the absorbency and leaks with the Tots Bots. They are very trim and squishy though. I like the freetime a lot, but it is not as trim as the Tots Bots.

mama2Holden 01-30-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seacat (Post 14554553)
How old is your child? I found that the Tots Bots were not absorbent enough for DS. You must line up the insert in the pocket or I got leaks, we also had issues with the velcro rubbing DS. The free time is really easy. They lay in a way that makes it self explanatory. Its also really absorbent. I don't have any issues getting them clean.

His is 16 months. Thanks for your input! This makes me lean even more to the freetime diapers. :)