Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Using Green Line Diapers at night? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1345605)

cavenyee 01-30-2012 11:24 AM

Using Green Line Diapers at night?

Hey ladies! I love my Green Line Diapers, but I'm hesitant to use them at night. What I have right now works ok, but I'm trying to get away from PUL.

So, I use a BG with two cotton flats for nights. My GLD do great during the day with one flat, and I currently have several with cotton outers, and one with a waterproof inner/fleece outer. Would these work, or should I tell DH I really need a fleece inner?

alishasmom 01-30-2012 11:51 AM

Re: Using Green Line Diapers at night?

I love the fleece Green Line covers with one of their bamboo soakers for bedtime. It is cold here, and normally when I would change him in the morning he would have a cold wet bum, but the fleece covers are warm and soft against his skin. I also use a fleece liner over the bamboo soaker so all of his skin is touching soft, squishy fleece.

I have used the regular cotton covers and while they work, they are breathable so a highly saturated diaper can make the outside cotton feel sort of damp.

Oh and they are so cute and colourful and in awesome combinations! I would have a million if I could.

They are our nighttime diaper now and I don't think we are going to switch to anything else. I'd say if you already love the Green Line system you need to try at least one fleece cover! I am sure you will get hooked.

Here are two pictures of Owen wearing his fleece Green Lines
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...65387100_n.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...20743039_n.jpg

plumpkin 01-30-2012 01:39 PM

We use them at night and love them. My DD has become a super soaker so I am using 2 regular GL soakers. I took Natasha's advice and folded each soaker differently and the diaper was not fat at all. I folded one in half then brought the front in on both sides so that it created a fan in back for the bottom layer. Then I trifolded the 2nd, folding up the front to the right length and layed that one on top, all covered with a fleece liner. The diaper was only slightly fatter then a cover with 1 soaker this way. No leaks as usual and probably more comfy for my DD when sleeping.

If you are going to use flats with a fleece cover then I would also recommend folding them both differently so that the distribution of inserts is not as bulky. This doesn't affect the absorption at all. However, I do recommend the GL soakers. They are AWESOME!

We will never use another diaper for nighttime.

ETA: I put this diaper on for 12 hours and no leaks.

blueone 01-30-2012 03:01 PM

I use them at night with great success! I like them better than wool because I don't have to lanolize them and they don't take forever to dry. I use a chelory zorb insert trifolded topped with a mother-ease bamboo terry insert. Works like a charm!

lilsonicfan 01-30-2012 03:15 PM

My little guy is only about 3 months old, but at night I don't always change him after a feed b/c he's asleep. The GLD double waterproof and fleece covers have worked really well. Last night he went 8 hrs in the diaper with just one soaker and while the soaker was wet, the cover was completely dry. Love Green Lines!

buggylovemama 01-30-2012 06:10 PM

Try their Fleece covers with their bamboo soakers and a hemp or bamboo soaker in between! Works great!!

rakster2 01-30-2012 08:14 PM

I use GLD at night for Clark! I have done both the cotton covers and fleece lined, and I definitely prefer the fleece lined (we have 4 here and 1 on the way!) The cotton will work, but since it is a breathable cover the moisture tends to wick when the soaker becomes saturated and sits in the cover for a while. I use a trifolded soaker, folded back twice in the front (9 layers total in the wet zone), then a trifolded doubler (so a total of 12 layers of soaker in the wet zone), then a fleece liner. It really is not that bulky either!! I think fitteds with a wool cover are bulkier than this combo. I love that when he gets up his bum is dry, and so are his pj's!! We have not had one leak doing this combo! And Clark sleeps around 10-12 hours in this diaper, with anywhere from 1 to 3 feedings at night. Unfortunately I can't get a good fit on Oliver with the GLD with the extra soakers (he is 38 inches tall so it hits his hips and not his waist), so I use fitteds with wool for him. But I definitely prefer the GLD for sure!