Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Motherlove More Milk special blend and domperidone (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1345670)

sandhillcranes 01-30-2012 12:45 PM

Motherlove More Milk special blend and domperidone

Anyone tried this? Does it help?

Should I get the alcohol free one? Is the one with alcohol more effective? I plan to get the liquid, not the capsules if I do decide to purchase. Its very expensive.

Also, does anyone have any idea whether this or domperidone would be more effective? I know some use both....if youve tried either Id love to hear info, reviews, etc. Please!

lyterae 01-30-2012 03:32 PM

Re: Motherlove More Milk special blend and domperidone

I think a lot of is going to depend on why you need them. I've used both, the more milk special blend with alcohol is supposed to be more effective.

I have IGT and the dom was more effective for me than the more milk was.

nursemama23 01-30-2012 05:12 PM

I used the mothers milk w/ alcohol when I was gearing up to go back to work (to increase my supply) and then recently after a stomach virus. It takes awful (liquid) but worked well for me. I have to experience with Dom. Probably depends on your issue and desired outcome.

sandhillcranes 01-30-2012 06:32 PM

Well i guess i will get the kind with alcohol then, hmm....i dont plan to take it during pregnancy. Will i need to take it at a certain time before/after nursing? Or is the amt of alcohol too small for it to matter?

Has anyone had luck with other herbs? I saw a lot of info in lactuca (?) ..

Kätzchen 01-30-2012 07:11 PM

Motherlove tinctures taste sooo good! I bought an Alkohol free one and never had to use it. Domperidone is some pretty serious stuff! It will more than likely help with any milk supply issues and is safe long term (and not as expensive, by any means). Although, with domperidone it may take longer to see effects. I like spuriluna for sudden increase. Spuriluna works wonders AND is absolutely great for you and LO. :)

Welcome baby Edeltraud! 27-7-2011 Von meinem iPhone gesendet.

colin-mylilguy 01-30-2012 08:07 PM

Blessed Thistle and Fenugreek together are helpful (alone, they are not as effective).

Domperidone is probably the most effective medication that you can take to increase supply and it does work well.

Kellymom.com has lots of great info on increasing supply. :thumbsup:

mommygreenex2 02-02-2012 02:17 AM

I've taken both. The ML worked well for awhile by itself. Liquid with alcohol is the best for body absorption. I had to add the Domperidone eventually though bc my supply was dropping even with the ML. So I did both for awhile. Now just on a nursing blend multi vitamin and Domperidone. I don't respond to pumps so I don't know how much my supply has increased but I can tell a diff in how satisfied DS is and how full I feel and how long DS nurses for. I had stopped the Domperidone for awhile but just had to start again bc I finally got my period after 13 months pp. HTH and good luck!

Layney82 02-02-2012 07:08 PM

I took almost everything and Domperidone was the only thing that made a significant difference. It helped me go from 4oz a day to 12-14oz per day, though it took almost 8 weeks to see the full increase. I tried blessed thistle and fenugreek in week 1, and they didn't really do anything. The Motherlove herbs didn't change anything, but I probably started them too late. Next time, I will have the dom ready to go before I give birth.

I found the herbs really expensive and spent nearly $200 per month on them with little effect. The dom., on the other hand, was covered by insurance so it cost me nothing and worked really well.

almostcrunchy 02-02-2012 07:17 PM

I've done both.

I actually have a bottle of MMP special blend tincture that I barely used if you want it, send me a pm and you can have it FFS.

The MMP gave me the poos :yuck:, sorry I know that is TMI, but it did. I did notice it was helping, but not significantly (at least in my case).

However, I did domperidone for over 6 months and it helped me be able to continue nursing (although I never had an over abundance of milk, it did keep me producing).

Good luck!:goodvibes:

triplet-momma 02-02-2012 07:49 PM

I'm currently on both; the MMP does seem to give some tummy problems but it also seems to help with production. I was on 12 pills of dom but have weaned down to 8; any lower and my supply just sucks :(