Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Which Fleece covers? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1345832)

chandni3 01-30-2012 06:11 PM

Which Fleece covers?

My baby is allergic to wool but needs breathable covers. I haven't had too much success with two layered fleece covers as my baby likes to be in her swing a lot. I've heard windpro fleece is better. Can anyone recommend covers? I've heard Wallypop is good but they are current closed. I ordered a lollidoo and a sugar peas. Any other suggestions?

MomBecks 01-30-2012 06:47 PM

Re: Which Fleece covers?

Not sure what you prefer but I actually have some Wallypop fleece wraps (not soakers) in stock. I've heard good things about Sugar Peas as well.

kangasox 01-30-2012 07:29 PM

I have a Wallypop cover I've had FOREVER and it's still in great shape. It has lastest from tiny baby to toddler and is great quality. can't beat it for the price.

boysniris 01-30-2012 11:49 PM

Stacinator and Little Boppers both offer Windpro fleece covers :) You also may want to try adding absorbency to your diapers, even Windpro will wick wetness if the diaper is soaked.

luvin_my_munchkins 01-30-2012 11:54 PM

Okay this might be a very dumb question but I've never used fleece or wool before!! So but here is the question these two materials are they kinda waterproof ?? Is that why they use them as a cover ? Don't laugh.. I've just never used them before but I want to try them just want to make sure !!

boysniris 01-30-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvin_my_munchkins (Post 14558927)
Okay this might be a very dumb question but I've never used fleece or wool before!! So but here is the question these two materials are they kinda waterproof ?? Is that why they use them as a cover ? Don't laugh.. I've just never used them before but I want to try them just want to make sure !!

Fleece and wool both resist getting wet. They will repel moisture back to the diaper. However, they both allow AIR to circulate to your baby's diaper area. This is called "breathing". PUL covers do not breathe as well as fleece or wool. For some little one's this can matter. My son gets rashy with PUL covers so we mainly use fleece (and lately he's become a pushy toddler and has been rejecting his wool covers so we are 100% fleece). The downside is that wetness can eventually pass through fleece or wool. The wool will absorb a little bit of moisture, the fleece won't absorb any. You have to make sure that the diaper has adequate absorbency and that you change it within a reasonable amount of time. Generally, soggy/soaked diapers will leak through fleece or wool.

luvin_my_munchkins 01-31-2012 12:10 AM

Wow that was a very good explanation of wool and fleece!! Now I know!! Thank you so much for explaining that to me I appreciate it very much.