Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Which is better - liquid or powder? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1345848)

somo_chickenlady 01-30-2012 06:40 PM

Which is better - liquid or powder?

If I were to use Tide or Gain, which would be better or me to use - liquid or powder? Why? Just curious! :)

AZmommy 01-30-2012 06:55 PM

Re: Which is better - liquid or powder?

It will depend. Many like powder and claim it rinses better. I prefer liquid. Powders don't disolve well in our water liquid rinses much better here.

caseopia67 01-30-2012 07:24 PM

Liquid tide here! I always had tons of suds with the powder.

ChihuahuaMama13 01-30-2012 07:28 PM

Liquid here too. Powder didn't rinse well, had tons of suds and gave my DS a rash.

ServingHim 01-30-2012 07:45 PM

I prefer powder. The liquids just never work in my diaper laundry.

Almacham 01-30-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMama13 (Post 14557750)
Liquid here too. Powder didn't rinse well, had tons of suds and gave my DS a rash.

We always have the opposite problem here. I always use powder now.

nappymaven812 01-30-2012 10:52 PM

It seems like it depends on your water, but for us I have to use the powder because the liquid was worthless in our water for diapers. The powder does cause a lot of suds in a regular top loader but I just scraped the suds off before it drained and I only had to do my regular two rinses. now I have an energy star top loader and it doesn't cause a lot of suds so I no longer have to do it. My new washer also spins faster and I think that also helps get more soap out.

sarahannecloud9 01-31-2012 05:53 AM

The responses will varry. Many momas swear by powder. I can't live without liquid. It will depend on many things like your water for one. I have had the whole spectrum of water types and have only had good rinsing results with liquid. Back when I spoke with tide about this, they said the liquid was formulated to rinse cleaner.

Ladyflower 01-31-2012 08:11 AM

I usually use powder. I've used liquid Tide a couple times and I had A LOT more suds than I do with the powder. I had to do extra rinses to get it all out. I don't have that problem with powder. I've been using Gain powder which has been working well for us. It's almost gone so I bought a jug of the liquid to try because I liked the scent. Hopefully I won't have the same problem that I did with the liquid Tide.