Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   just one diaper (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1345921)

mpbaby 01-30-2012 09:40 PM

just one diaper

I am trying to decide on a stash for our newbie. one size or sized doesn't matter, but if you had to pick one kind (brand or type), which would it be?

I tried CD before and the only reason it didn't work out was because I kept buying new kinds and my hubby couldn't deal with the confusion. honestly, every diaper worked. they were all cute. no leaks... no stink... I tried grovia, tots bots, fuzzi Bunz perfect fit, BG stuff...

the only diaper I absolutely hated were bg 4.0 snaps and flip snaps and elementals... all BG... they left deep indentation marks on my daughter from where the wing droop portion curled inward and the snaps touched her. she still has one circle mark from the diaper. I will never buy those again... has this happened to.anyone else??

so if you had to choose just one, which would it be? I want a big stash of one diaper this time around!!

ServingHim 01-30-2012 09:47 PM

Re: just one diaper

I love BG 4.0s but only in aplix. I hated the snap version!
I also love the new Fuzzibunz OS elites! They are trim, and fit really well on my 2 yr old and should fit my newborn nicely once he/she is here.

LaniMommy187 01-30-2012 09:47 PM

If I could only have one kind of diaper I whould have to go with the Babykicks pockets or the itti bitti tutu Though I could not make it through nights without those babykicks! Hmm I guess that means I would go with the babykicks (waaah there not as CUTE LOL!) since there my BEST never has a leak EVER diaper ;)

lady longs 01-30-2012 09:48 PM

Fuzzibunz one size

mommy2clara 01-30-2012 09:53 PM

I would probably go for BG 4.0 with aplix. Easiest for eveyone to use, and we don't get leaks as long as we use the newborn insert. If I were the only one doing the diapering, I might go with cotton prefolds, snappis, and Blueberry Coveralls in Aplix. Only reason I say "might" is because now that she's mobile, a 1-step diaper is easiest to get on her.

jennayoung99 01-30-2012 10:07 PM

i would say fuzzibunz OS and if i could afford it i'd get some of the sized. so happy i don't have to choose.:giggle:

mimihol 01-30-2012 10:08 PM

freetimes ")

MomBecks 01-30-2012 10:28 PM

I'd go for Easy Fits! Wash well, great fit, plenty absorbent with a pocket to add doublers for nights, and easy to spray poo off of.

jmrw2 01-30-2012 11:10 PM

I love love love any and all of my diapers from Rainshine Designs. I have several different kinds/brands of diapers and if I had to go with just one, these would definitely be it. Any of her styles really - I haven't tried her fitteds, but her pockets, AIO's, AI2's and trainers are all great :D

mrspopo 01-30-2012 11:52 PM

Your next baby may have a different build and if the BGs were a problem before they might not be this time around... but with those sorts of indents I probably wouldn't chance it.

I was surprised to find that my favorite diaper changed over time. I really wanted just one to simplify things but our needs just keep changing. I also kind of like having a few different things so I can trouble shoot when problems come up, and some variety so we get a different fit that might not rub or irritate in the same spot all day. Most of the time we're in BG 4.0s and free times, but for back up we have Nana Pants (etsy), Alva bamboo, g diapers, and fitteds (piddle poddles, ecobaby, and tinkle traps).