Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   BumGenius troubles (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1346030)

P!nkPepper 01-31-2012 08:24 AM

Our BumGenius diapers are leaving red welts above my 10 wk old's belly button. The edge of the diapers is rubbing. What am I doing wrong? I never had this with my now 3 yo when he was wearing them. Also, this just started happening yesterday & he has been wearing these for weeks using the exact same wash routine. Thanks!

Eta: these are aplix 4.0s.

P!nkPepper 01-31-2012 09:40 AM

:bump:

Anyone?

doulamomma 01-31-2012 09:44 AM

is it the velcro rubbing? could you velcro lower down on the landing strip, so his belly wil touch fabric not velcro.

Housefullofgirls 01-31-2012 09:48 AM

Re: BumGenius troubles

It's probably the aplix tab rubbing him. Try the next size snap up. If it's on the small go to medium and if medium go to the large and see if that helps. With my kids this happened often at different times. Thier body type ratio changes so much. Like going from big waist and skinny legs to a little thinner belly and huge thighs and so on. I found the rubbing happened I changed something and then it didn't happen for a bit, then happned again and tweeked again and so on. I think it's normal. Just be aware that every baby is different. What worked well for my 3DD did not all for my 3DD for fit and as well as material allergies down the road. I had a large FB stash for my 3DD and loved them on her. They were the perfect fit and my 4DD it was just a very poor fit I had to destash. Same with the BG's.

P!nkPepper 01-31-2012 10:10 AM

It is the top of the diaper rubbing, not the aplix. Is this a PUL sensitivity? I will freak if it is. My whole stash is BG products with the exception of 2 Thirsties AIOs that he wets out of super fast.

Attachment 93660

I am going to Target so I'm going to get some sposies so I can cover him in cream.

mfergy0625 01-31-2012 10:15 AM

I couldn't really see it that much in the pic but could they just need stripped? Is he EBF? Have you eaten something new? It could be other things than the diapers. I know my DS gets weird bumps and stuff on his trunk and face if he comes in contact with certain foods and products. I would also do what PP metioned and size it up. It might just be sitting in a wierd spot for him.

P!nkPepper 01-31-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfergy0625
I couldn't really see it that much in the pic but could they just need stripped? Is he EBF? Have you eaten something new? It could be other things than the diapers. I know my DS gets weird bumps and stuff on his trunk and face if he comes in contact with certain foods and products. I would also do what PP metioned and size it up. It might just be sitting in a wierd spot for him.

I don't think they need stripped, 80% are brand new. He is FF so my diet isn't the issue. I guess I could size up but the rise seems tall already.

mfergy0625 01-31-2012 11:15 AM

Hmmm...it might be a PUL sensitivity. Do you have any prefolds? You could let him go coverless in a prefold and see if it goes away. I will say that my DS had a wierd rash right where the top of his BG AIOs sat (mediums) and when I switched him to larges it went away. The rise on the large was right at his bellybutton but the rash went away and he didn't have leaks so it didn't bother me.