Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   C Section Births (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   mamas who have had 3 C-sections.. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1346409)

ankc 01-31-2012 08:34 PM

mamas who have had 3 C-sections..

We are TTC #3 and I would have to have a 3rd c/s... I am 34 and it has been 5 years since my last one so all healed up, never had any issues after either surgery but I am REALLY nervous now for some reason?!?!:\
how was it having a third? anything i need to be concerned about?
I am one of those people that find things to worry and stress over!!! eeek!

mariamommy 01-31-2012 08:37 PM

Re: mamas who have had 3 C-sections..

I have had three c-sections. All with in 6 yrs time (2006, 2007 and 2010) and I've healed up just fine.

I don't remember the physical healing/recovery being any different than the other ones. Is VBAC an option for you? Or do you prefer the c-section? You might get more numbness around the incision because they cut through nerves (as you know!) and they can sometimes remain more disconnected with each cut.

I'm due with baby #4 in May and I'm going to try for VBA3C.

ankc 01-31-2012 08:54 PM

Thanks :) I tried for a vbac last time and was unsuccessful :( first labor went on close to 36hrs and ended up with a c/s so honestly I have no interest in trying again. for some reason both my kiddos would not come out naturally... My dr has advised a 3rd due to the last 2. GL with # 4 how exciting!!!!

misskira 01-31-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankc (Post 14564504)
Thanks :) I tried for a vbac last time and was unsuccessful :( first labor went on close to 36hrs and ended up with a c/s so honestly I have no interest in trying again. for some reason both my kiddos would not come out naturally... My dr has advised a 3rd due to the last 2. GL with # 4 how exciting!!!!

If I were to try for a 3rd, I would be in the same situation. I don't think I would try for a vba2c based on my first 2. Part of why I don't think I'll have another is because I'm afraid of the a third one too. :headscratch: I'm not sure why, neither of mine were traumatic and recovery was easy. The OB did mention that my uterus was fairly thin. I think I'm afraid to put myself in jeopardy knowing that my family needs me. I also remember the pain of the first day trying to get out of bed and to the bathroom because the nurses made me. :giggle: Although it's still pretty fresh for me since ds2 is only 9 months old.

AmandaR 02-01-2012 09:48 AM

I've had four and each time recovery got easier and my first one was a cake walk, so. My uterus this time was very thin (at 31 weeks when I delivered) so I'd be terrified of a fifth one but we're done, so it wont be an issue.

ankc 02-01-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaR (Post 14566680)
I've had four and each time recovery got easier and my first one was a cake walk, so. My uterus this time was very thin (at 31 weeks when I delivered) so I'd be terrified of a fifth one but we're done, so it wont be an issue.

Thanks! This makes me feel better as I think we are done after this one if we are so blessed :)

austinandashlynsmommy 02-01-2012 11:28 AM

I have had 3 C-sections ('05, '07, and '10). I'm also pregnant and having my fourth in September. My recovery has been pretty much the same with all 3, maybe a little easier with each one just because I know what to expect and what to do to make myself more comfortable and how far to push myself, kwim? I'm a little nervous about #4, mostly because I know the risk for uterine rupture goes up each time, but because I don't contract on my own usually, my ob doesn't seem to concerned.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 02-01-2012 01:13 PM

I just had my third c/s and this is definitely different and not as easy as my last two.
I am still taking the pain meds and with my last c/s's I was off them by day three, I am still in pain right now and called my dr for a stronger pain med as this I am on is doing nothing for me.:(
I am not sure if the recovery is different since it was done by a different dr or because I had my last 4 years ago, either way it is not what I expected. I am hoping I start to feel better soon.
Your next experience can go either way, I see some above me had all easy recoveries, I expected to have another very easy recovery but it didn't happen so know it might not be smooth for you or it can turn out to be very easy. Just listen to your body when it happens and don't do too much.

ashersmomoo 02-01-2012 01:32 PM

I am about to have my 3rd as well. Most people I know felt they got easier. I haven't met anyone (irl) that had them get harder. I feel fairly confident that this will be my easiest yet (knock on wood!!!) because the first one was rough after 42 hours of labor, the incision reopened, and I had an allergic reaction to the tape. The second we got a terrible stomach flu THE DAY DS2 was born, so I was vomiting and had diarrhea. :yuck: Then as soon as I got out of the hospital I spent two weeks with DS2 at Children's sleeping on a COT! Wow, that sucked! :giggle: Soooo, I'm very hopeful that this one will just be a regular, uncomplicated CS!!! Please! :giggle2:

mom22boysand1girl 02-01-2012 04:08 PM

I am just about to have my 4th c/s. With my last I felt it was easier than any of my others. I have heard lots of people say that. I am not excited though and because of that we are not finding out the sex so I can be excited for my c/s.
This will be our last and I am having my tubes tied while they are in there. My Dr.'s limit is 4 c/s and we are there.