Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Oct (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   so far so good! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1347024)

clatchford2011 02-02-2012 04:49 AM

so far so good!

Just realized that this little guy has been much nicer to mommy than his/her big sissy. :giggle:

right away with DD I had nausea on and off really bad, this time... not so much :)

I do on the other hand notice that my hair isn't as bouncy as it was with DD and I have more color to my face now than I did with DD, and my break outs have cleared up pretty fast!. hopefully this little angel is going to be my sweet baby :giggle2:

this is technically my 3rd pregnancy. my first was HORRIBLE! Severe nausea, vomiting, extreme tiredness, VERY emotional, feeling so ICKY all the time and bad break outs. I made it to 12 weeks with that pregnancy.

anyone have any differences in pregnancies?

abhernandez 02-02-2012 05:15 AM

Re: so far so good!

Don't they say girls make you sicker? So maybe this one's a boy!!

kymdenise 02-02-2012 06:33 AM

My girls were WAY WORSE than my boy for sure!

They also say wicked heartburn makes for lots of hair..

Here's hoping it stays smooth for you!

clatchford2011 02-02-2012 07:08 AM

ty ladies! I was surprised that I didn't get AS sick with DD but maybe it will stay this way lol!

abhernandez 02-02-2012 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kymdenise (Post 14572076)
My girls were WAY WORSE than my boy for sure!

They also say wicked heartburn makes for lots of hair..

Here's hoping it stays smooth for you!

In that case, my baby is going to be born with an afro!

sheenashine 02-02-2012 10:26 AM

I had HB will all my pregnancies and my babies come out with a good amount of hair. :)

*My last baby only stuck around for 7 weeks, just long enough to start into the sickness... but I don't think I ever actually got sick.

*My sickest pregnancy was a boy. I didn't move off the couch for weeks. Literally. It was horrible. I wasn't just sick to my stomach, I was also tired like I've never been tired before. :( My skin was completely broken out in cystic type acne, along with my chest. I was miserable... and then I lost him at 17 weeks.

*Ruby was my baby before that. And I was pretty darn sick with her too. When MS hit I spent 2 weeks on the couch (missing work) barely able to keep anything down- then I got an Rx for Zofran and it was like the clouds parted and the sun started shining again! :) I had to take it through my entire pregnancy. I had a few breakouts but NOTHING like with my boy.

*Before that was Adeline. I was sick in the morning and just before bed every day from 6w. to the end of my pregnancy and pretty icky feeling in general... but it wasn't terrible or unbearable.

*Paige was my text book pregnancy. I was sick for a minute when I woke up from about 6w until about 10-12w... I felt great throughout my entire pregnancy. Being 17 and pregnant isn't ALL bad, believe me. :D

My best friend was super sick with her girl and not with her boys... so maybe it's different from mama to mama.

Dutchlish 02-02-2012 07:31 PM

I think your body reacts to one gender more vs the other. My mom says she was much sicker with my sister and I than my brother. My friend who had two girls and then two boys was much sicker with her boys.

I had all day nausea with both the boys but only threw up once or twice. But I felt like I was on the verge of puking all day long. Definitely not looking forward to that part!

And as far as the hearburn... I had no heartburn with ODS and he was born with a teensy bit of hair that promptly fell out. He was bald until he was 9 months. With YDS I had wicked heartburn and he was born with a full head of jet black hair. He never went bald either.

So far I feel exactly like I did with the boys. Queasy, tired and I'm breaking out on my neck. Yep, my neck. Below my ears. It happened before and it's happening again - so strange!

zacifer 02-03-2012 01:26 AM

My oldest came out with a TON of hair. I wish I had a pic to post. They're on the other computer. The nurse said to me, "We NEVER see white babies with that much hair." :giggle2: And, I had no heart burn. Not once. AND, he has a FULL head of red hair. So, I got asked ALL THE TIME if I had heart burn during pregnancy.

My pregnancies have all been difficult, except for the 2 I lost. Just super sick for long periods of time. I have to say though, my daughter's pregnancy was the worst. AND she was one of those super flippy babies. I was already in so much pain and then she'd go nuts in there and oh, it hurt. Did you know a baby can kick you in the sternum? Yep, they can. And she did. And it hurts WAY more than rib kicks. With all 3 of my kids, I lost weight in the beginning of the preg just b/c I couldn't eat much b/c of the sickness. So once I started gaining again, I had to regain what I'd lost, and then start gaining for real. With Kian, I only gained 17 pounds total. With Felicity, I was SUPER emotional/hormonal. I told my husband that I was convinced there was a girl in there (we never find out) b/c I felt like I was on estrogen overload. It seriously felt like that. And, I was right.

kymdenise 02-03-2012 08:30 AM

I'm a little queasy today. I think it's time to give up coffee. It just is sitting sour in my tummy. :(

So as of today, I'm 3dpAF. Still watching the TP like a hawk, but as there was not a sign of pink, I called my OB and set up my first checkup. They set it for Valentines day, but I explained that an early loss a couple months ago made me wary of coming in too early, they pushed it to the 28th for me. She was so sweet..
"Oh, I see the cancelled first appointment.. Boo.. Well, doctor just wants to see you between 6 and 10 weeks, so let's just shoot for the 28th, and if you need to cancel, you just call me. Okay?"

I love that office. They are just wonderful. I think the 28th will be good, because I will be 8 weeks, and then I will be able to look forward to a heart beat at week 12..

WOw.. that was a ramble.

clatchford2011 02-04-2012 05:26 AM

I am very suprised as to how good I feel most of the time. I listen to my body (usually says, don't eat that or I will make you sick) and I have bouts of very mild nausea now in the evenings. I am SUPER tired and I am a little suprised how I don't feel pregnant at all. My first pregnancy was the WORST because I had extreme everything. Nausea, fatigue, mood swings, break outs, you name it. DD it was a breeze compaired to the first but I found myself puking randomly with no warning or nausea. I think there was a week where I was very sick and that was it. This one, not making a peep so far other than fatigue. Granted I am only 4 weeks and 4days but I am waiting on the hormones to slap me. I found myself pretty upbeat considering what is going on (its a good thing I stay this way) and I am not so snippy with DH. I have noticed though I look pregnant and everyone who hasn't seen me since December is suprised to see how much I am showing for no reason. I chalk it up to bloating and I have said it over and over but for some reason people want to say I am having twin boys. I believe it would be a total miricle if we wound up with twins, and both being boys at that because DH has a Y chromosone dificency. LOL!!!