Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I hate my FLer washing machine because...UPDATE IN POST #22 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1348555)

Maurisa74 02-05-2012 09:17 AM

I hate my FLer washing machine because...UPDATE IN POST #22

the hot wash isn't really hot. I have one to three diapers each time that come out still smelling a little like poop. I've started trying to trouble shoot. The hot water heater is set on 140 degrees. I let the wash run for half the cycle on hot. When I pause it and open the door to check the temperature of the water it is cool. I've watched it the entire cycle and most of the time the water is filling from the cold line. Every once in a while it shoots in some hot water. I called the company and they said that is just how the FLer HE machines work. They are made to not allow the water to get hot. What in the he** is the point of having a hot wash cycle if the water doesn't get hot. Has anyone else noticed this problem? Did you find a solution?

HomeschoolinMomto4 02-05-2012 09:26 AM

Re: I hate my FLer washing machine because...

we had horrible issues with our front loader not cleaning diapers. we actually ended up getting a new to us top loader washer.

sarahannecloud9 02-05-2012 09:27 AM

Mine fills with super hot? It even steams the water gets so hot. I think they fed you a line of crap. I would set the machine to hot, turn the nearest fawset on till it runs hot, and crank that water heater up! Our water heater is on high.

Maurisa74 02-05-2012 09:35 AM

Yeah, that didn't sound right to me either. I could have someone come check it, but if there is nothing wrong I have to pay. It might be worth it though.

boysniris 02-05-2012 09:51 AM

That doesn't make sense to me :( Our FL gets hot, the door will feel warm to the touch during a hot wash. I would have it checked out. I :wub: our FL washer!

lilsonicfan 02-05-2012 09:51 AM

I have to say that sounds a bit ridiculous to me too. When I am doing a hot wash the entire window fills up with steam/condensation - that doesn't happen with a cold wash. What make is it?

Melinda29 02-05-2012 10:07 AM

Some brands do that. My sister's FLer does that, and even explains it in the manual.

Maurisa74 02-05-2012 12:31 PM

It is a Kenmore. I called again and they said it should get hot. Someone is coming on friday to check it out.

sarahannecloud9 02-05-2012 04:04 PM

I just delt with 2 faulty kenmores in a row! AHHHH!

somo_chickenlady 02-05-2012 09:58 PM

I have a Whirlpool, but mine gets HOOOT, especially if I use the sanitize cycle. Def get it checked out.