Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   C Section Births (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   Love Letter to C-section Moms (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1349450)

magoose 02-06-2012 06:56 PM

Love Letter to C-section Moms

I saw this posted on another forum and thought that some of us could benefit from reading it. I know it took me a long time to come to terms with my c/s with DS without seeing it as a failure. Hope this gives some of you some encouragement as well.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/baby/1315...hestir_fanpage

Celeste 02-06-2012 07:33 PM

Re: Love Letter to C-section Moms

:thumbsup:

I like how she says that she had a c-section, but it still a natural birth advocate. I feel the same way - all my babies were c-sections, but I always cringe when I hear of people wishing for one so they can plan when their baby comes, or not even considering a VBAC. I feel like a hypocrite for even feeling that way, even though my c-sections were not elective. I feel like my body didn't work right, I didn't know enough about the birthing process, maybe things would've been different if I had only...etc, etc. But, at the end of the day, I tuck my 3 healthy kids into bed & it doesn't really matter how they made their entrance into the world. I'm blessed to have them.

emilyrebekah 02-06-2012 07:33 PM

I was just coming to post this article. Finally, someone said it.

eli'smama 02-06-2012 07:55 PM

Love this... Thank you:) I am still coming to terms with my 1st c-section and just found out that my 2nd will be a repeat with no chance to try for the vbac that I have hoped for and dreamed of :crying:

georgiasmommy 02-07-2012 11:28 AM

Loved this. Thank you for sharing!!

georgiasmommy 02-07-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eli'smama (Post 14599975)
Love this... Thank you:) I am still coming to terms with my 1st c-section and just found out that my 2nd will be a repeat with no chance to try for the vbac that I have hoped for and dreamed of :crying:

I'm sorry you aren't getting the birth experience you wanted. :hugs: I know how hard it is (my hosp won't even attempt VBAC for liability reasons). But like the article says, you are still birthing your baby and bringing her into this world regardless of how she arrives. :hugs: again.

lavender dragonfly 02-11-2012 10:34 AM

Thank you for posting this. :hugs:

...... after over a year, I am still :cry:

fluffybunsdiapers 02-11-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgiasmommy

I'm sorry you aren't getting the birth experience you wanted. :hugs: I know how hard it is (my hosp won't even attempt VBAC for liability reasons). But like the article says, you are still birthing your baby and bringing her into this world regardless of how she arrives. :hugs: again.

Just FYI its actually illegal for a hospital to deny your chance at a vbac

mommatiger23 02-11-2012 11:33 AM

Thank you so much for sharing. :) this is exactly how I feel. I've had 2 boys now and both were emergency c/s. I did everything right, labored 38 hours drug-free, and just couldn't get DS to come down past -1 station. After 2 1/2 hours of pushing I finally gave in and consented to the c/s and cried through the whole thing. It was the happiest moment of my life when I saw him for the first time, but it was surrounded by the most overwhelming feeling of failure and disappointment. It took me a long time to come to terms with his birth and accept that it was ok, that having a healthy, happy baby mattered more than whether I got my natural birth that I wanted so badly. When I had my second, it was déjà vu - 10 hours stuck at 8 cm and he wouldn't descend past -1 station. I felt such disappointment, but this time I was able to accept my fate more easily and had only happy tears in the OR. Again, I did everything I could, tried so hard for my natural birth, but it simply wasn't meant to be. I'll try again for a VBAC if we decide to have a 3rd baby, but it's not very likely. Regardless, I'll wait until I go into labor on my own, then they can do the RCS I'd it becomes necessary again. I'm still a huge advocate for natural birth, and still very much wish I'd know what it feels like to go all the way, but I'm mostly at peace with the very real possibility that I never will. As PP said, though, at the end of the day I tuck my boys into bed and I could care less how they entered the world - they're healthy and happy and mine. :)

eli'smama 02-28-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffybunsdiapers (Post 14627361)
Just FYI its actually illegal for a hospital to deny your chance at a vbac

Yep but I am having a very tough pregnancy with some complications that make a VBAC unsafe for me.