Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   question about wipes warmer for cloth wipes (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1349659)

luvmybabes85 02-07-2012 09:19 AM

question about wipes warmer for cloth wipes

I have a warmer and my ds hates cold wipes. I can't believe I'm just now thinking about using it as he's 19months lol but anyway....:giggle:! Do I need the little antibacterial pad thing or am I good using it without?

joshieanna 02-07-2012 09:25 AM

Re: question about wipes warmer for cloth wipes

We got the Prince Lionheart for cloth wipes and it came with a antibacterial pad. My little guy loves them. He's too sensitive for tea tree oil, so we use the pad but you might get by without it if you used something natural to fight bacteria

MadeofStarStuff 02-07-2012 09:29 AM

I never use that pad that came with mine. I fill with dry wipes, cover with wipe solution, & my wipes are good for 2 days in it. I've never had a problem!

luvmybabes85 02-07-2012 09:32 AM

thanks ladies;-)

lilangel8185 02-07-2012 09:59 AM

The only thing I didn't like with the prince lonheart ones is they heat from the bottom, so the top ones stay pretty cold for a while. I've used a few different kinds, bot my favorite ones are the ones that look more squarish because their heating is from top down so the top wipes are always warm. I also agree the pillow thing isn't worth messing with because as quickly as the wipes get used they usually wont dry out or get yucky . I usually just put onewipe inthe bottom that's still pretty wet because we rotate thru them, we had 3 in diapers so what I used to do is keep more than one warmer ready withwipes and just plug another in when the first was empty, but I wouldn't let them sit for more than 2 daysor so.

sarahannecloud9 02-07-2012 10:02 AM

You don't have to have it. But, I really love mine. I never buy a new one, just wash with antibacterial soap with changes. Super easy and helps retain the moisture. I use tto in my solution to keep any growth from forming. ;)

kateroc 02-07-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilangel8185 (Post 14602945)
The only thing I didn't like with the prince lonheart ones is they heat from the bottom, so the top ones stay pretty cold for a while. I've used a few different kinds, bot my favorite ones are the ones that look more squarish because their heating is from top down .

huh, interesting. I have a prince lionheart one for DS1 (heats from the bottom) and a Babies R Us brand one for DS2 (heats from the top). I prefer the Prince Lionheart one -- I find that with the Babies R Us one that the wipes don't stay warm unless the warmer is full. So, if it's half full or almost empty, the wipes are too far from the warmer on the lid to stay warm, kwim?

I agree with pps that the pad is unnecessary. I use a wipes solution with lavender oil, which is anti-microbial, so that takes care of any stinkies.

4kids4me 02-07-2012 10:17 AM

I have the Prince Lionheart warmer (not the cloth specific one) and have never had any issues with anything growing in there. I warm up the water to dissolve my wipes cube so cold wipes aren't an issue either.

AZmommy 02-07-2012 10:20 AM

I have a munchkin one and LOVE it the wipes stay warm from first to last great! (assuming everyone remembers to keep the lid closed.)

Deanna

sarahannecloud9 02-07-2012 12:24 PM

My first one with Cayden kept growing ickies. A moma on here told me abot too and I havn't had an issue since. We still use it daily. It's important to keep themm wiped out though.