Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   your favorite car for many kids? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1349931)

twinpossible 02-07-2012 05:20 PM

your favorite car for many kids?

It needs to seat at least 7 and not kill our planet, your favorite car?

newclothuser 02-07-2012 09:40 PM

Re: your favorite car for many kids?

ah, a volvo wagon with the back seat--seats 7 and gets much better mpg than a suburban or such, although I think you can get one of those mazda 5s that will seat 7, and they probably get better gas mileage.

twinpossible 02-08-2012 09:30 PM

Checked into Mazda, 5 seats only bu the Volvo is a good idea! So far I like the Honda pilot.

Lisathena 02-08-2012 10:15 PM

I was thinking about the newer Toyota Sienna's dont those seat 8 total?

GEMQEMCABOOSE 02-08-2012 10:18 PM

Honda Odyssey! My 2012 seats 8. My 05 and 07 only sat 7 since they were the touring and a middle seat in the second row wasn't optional on that trim model. It is now though! The 2012 and 2011 get better gas mileage too!

twinpossible 02-09-2012 09:55 AM

I was thinking about the odyssey, I guess I am still having a hard time with the mini van idea ;) between the sienna and odyssey I go with odyssey since it has better MPG.

LoveLikeWinter 02-09-2012 11:15 AM

I have a Jeep Commander that seats 7 with the 3rd row seat. It's awesome and has 4WD but gets bad fuel economy :( About 16 mpg average. I would love to trade it for something else, but love how it handles too much to get rid of it, so I limit my trips out.

Wanderlust 02-10-2012 05:00 AM

I think for that many kids, your best bed would be a minivan in terms of gas mileage

captainmomma 02-10-2012 05:14 AM

We've been running this debate in our house since our van died a few weeks ago. New Siennas do have 8 passenger seating but horrible reviews for the run flat tires and I forget what else. I do like the cargo space though.

Lots of 7 seaters have no cargo space behind the third row.

We have found the GMC Savana, comes in AWD (a must in our northern climate), doors on both sides, lots of cargo space (I live in the country so need cargo space for when I do bigger shopping errands), probably higher mileage than you'd want but we are running a diesel right now with 15 for mileage.

The Honda Odyssey has jumped to the top of our list above the Sienna (but it doesn't have AWD). Price wise, and in terms of getting something used, the minivans still best the Pilots, Suburbans, etc.

I never thought I'd ever drive a minivan but now it suits our life. Hard decisions, we are still looking and deciding.

Good luck!

prnzez2 02-10-2012 11:56 AM

We have an expedition EL it seats 8 and we'll need every seat soon, lol. It doesn't' get the best gas mileage but it does take e85. We had Suburbans before that.