Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   motherease (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1350182)

beachbabies0527 02-08-2012 08:55 AM

motherease

I haven't tried either but if you had to chose for a 17 lb baby. Should I order one size or large sandy's. Which is trimmer softer and more absorbant? ?

beachbabies0527 02-08-2012 09:08 AM

Anyone? I want to order some today!

nonipie 02-08-2012 09:11 AM

Re: motherease

I have not tried the OS but we love the bamboo Sandy's. I will say that I think it depends on the build of your LO too. My DD is 23 months and about 24 lbs and she is still in smalls with room to grow.

jeanalamae 02-08-2012 09:11 AM

Trimmer the one size probably, softness are the same as long as you get the same material we LOVE the bamboo one. We have both and use OS for the day and Sandy with an insert and stay dry for night!!!! Motherease are our favorites!

beachbabies0527 02-08-2012 09:12 AM

I wanted some colored ones. Are they way less soft. These would be for day time. Thanks ladies

beachbabies0527 02-08-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanalamae
Trimmer the one size probably, softness are the same as long as you get the same material we LOVE the bamboo one. We have both and use OS for the day and Sandy with an insert and stay dry for night!!!! Motherease are our favorites!

What do you think about the colored ones

lady longs 02-08-2012 09:38 AM

Though i dont have mine yet, i posted a thread about comparing the two - colored and bamboo. Maybe u can search for it. The general consensus (9 out of 10) said they had a strong preference for the bamboo. Trimmer, more absorbamt, softer. That was the gist of it. I have new ones of both OTW annd am gonna test them out. I was a little bummed bc i really wanted to like the coloreds better (theyre soooo cute). But, i think probably the bamboos are gonna be better. The consensus on here is pretty much rigt!

Skybaby712 02-08-2012 09:39 AM

I love love love the colors! I have at least one of every color :) I have 6 more on the way too. All I have is the colors, but I have a bamboo OTW so then I'll actually be able to compare the two. I keep reading how SOFT they are. My colors are still soft, and I love how squishy they are under clothes. I have a 16 lb baby (almost 7 months) and use the small sandys and MEOS, both of which fit great at this point. I like both the same. I didn't want to order more smalls in case she'd outgrow them soon, so I ordered more MEOS and just 1 large sandy to see if it'll fit, and if so I'll get more larges.

Every baby is different. I know some PLed in the smalls, but then I've also read about 17 lb LOs wearing the larges, which is why I ordered a large to see for myself.

melissamomof3girls 02-08-2012 09:41 AM

The large will be huge probably on your little one, but if you don't mind, that'd probably be the best investment because you could use them through potty-training.

I've heard people using the smalls through 24 lbs...and definitely spring for the bamboo!

But, the MEOS are great too, although I've found baby goes through stages where you just can't get the right fit with them.

Crow Mountain Crafts 02-08-2012 09:49 AM

My guy is 33lbs now and larges are still loose on him - go with the smalls if you get Sandys. We have every color and the bamboo ones and I love them all.