Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Oct (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   5w, 6d ultrasound today! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1350421)

mamaerica 02-08-2012 04:05 PM

5w, 6d ultrasound today!

Everything looks great, and we were able to see a little flickering heartbeat!! Everyone is elated, of course! :)

abhernandez 02-08-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerica
Everything looks great, and we were able to see a little flickering heartbeat!! Everyone is elated, of course! :)

Awesome news!! Was the fam there?

zacifer 02-08-2012 04:11 PM

Re: 5w, 6d ultrasound today!

YAY!!!!! I was just going to ask what Alice asked. How does this whole plan work with you and the fam being so far away? How do you send info back and forth?

Deanie 02-08-2012 04:12 PM

:lostit::lostit:

That is so awesome that your being a surrogate!

GooseBella 02-08-2012 04:18 PM

So happy for you! I think what you are doing is amazing!

BreaMommy 02-08-2012 04:20 PM

I am so hoping to be able to do this for my sister-in-law! She had a hysterectomy at a young age... Congrats on baby heartbeat!!

boekesec 02-08-2012 04:22 PM

YAY!

sheenashine 02-08-2012 04:47 PM

Aw Yey!!! I think you are our groups first official HB, yes?
Super exciting! Great news! :) :) :)

mamaerica 02-08-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhernandez (Post 14611653)
Awesome news!! Was the fam there?

Nope, the parents live in China, so we probably won't see them again until the birth (well, they might come out here once during the pregnancy for a special ultrasound or something, but we're not sure yet).

We scanned the u/s pictures and emailed them, and my DH used my cell phone to record the monitor screen during the u/s and we emailed that to them, as well. :)

We do most of our communication through email because of the language barrier. The parents do speak a little English, and they can read English well, so that's just the easiest way to go.

stevensmom 02-08-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerica

Nope, the parents live in China, so we probably won't see them again until the birth (well, they might come out here once during the pregnancy for a special ultrasound or something, but we're not sure yet).

We scanned the u/s pictures and emailed them, and my DH used my cell phone to record the monitor screen during the u/s and we emailed that to them, as well. :)

Wow! Why did they do the transfer in Chicago tho and not Portland?

I'm stunned they are from china. Sorry surprised.

But so cool that you are doing this for them :hugs: wanna do it for me next.

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**