Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Stash??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1350626)

Lolobug 02-09-2012 05:51 AM

Stash???

Please help me build a stash! I have one dd in diapers, 6 months old. As of right now, all I have are pockets (12)! I stuff with flats because I can't stand microfiber! I'm washing every day!!
I LOVE blueberry/Swaddlebees and bum genius diapers. I really like prints and/or an assortment of colors. I have an HE washer so I require simple/easily washable diapers. Quick-drying a plus!
Advice! Suggestions! Help!

2+2macht4 02-09-2012 06:13 AM

Re: Stash???

If pockets are working for you why not stick with pockets and flats and just add more?

Do you have a set budget, you could do alva or sunbaby pockets, pick up a dozen without inserts and another dozen flats to double your wash time.

Lolobug 02-09-2012 06:20 AM

I just thought it might be fun to try some fitness or AIO's

Kabuki24 02-09-2012 06:55 AM

I think having some easy AIO's would be a good addition to your stash. A couple less expensive ones I like are the new Thirsties AIO's (turn inside out to dry, just learned that), swaddlebee simplex (love me a side snapping diaper).

You might also want to try a hybrid system or an AI2 system such as Flips (cottonbabies). And, the shells are on sale now. There are plenty of other systems like this too.

It's all about trial and error, buy a couple of a few different kids, try them out, if you don't like them, sell and try something else.

I quickly grew tired of stuffing pockets and my whole stash right now is pretty much different kinds of AIO's and AI2's but I do occassionally buy a pocket that appeals to me.

Don't be afraid to buy used, just make sure it's appropriately priced (compare the cost of a new to the price they are selling used). Sometimes on here people will sell new diapers and they may be asking for full price, but generally they eat the shipping and I consider this a decent deal unless of course an online retailer will ship for free, then it's not great. Buying used is a great and generally inexpensive way to build your stash and try many different kinds. Also, check your local craigslist. I find really good deals on there sometimes.

MadeofStarStuff 02-09-2012 07:09 AM

Nana's Bottoms on Hyena Cart is a great AIO. Her soakers can be made of birdseye eye cotton & you can request a pocket in the back for added absorbency/faster drying. With her sale codes, they work out to $10-$12 each.

mrsashleyo 02-09-2012 07:13 AM

If you like BGs you can try the elemental. They are a one size all in one and organic, no microfiber.

Sweet3heart3 02-09-2012 07:53 AM

I have a pocket diaper flash sale today, only 8 plus shipping for a really cute, works well pocket ;) great stash builder!

Lolobug 02-10-2012 08:02 AM

Bump for chunk!