Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Oct (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Anyone still breastfeeding? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1350632)

Elijah'sMama 02-09-2012 06:33 AM

Anyone still breastfeeding?

I am! LOL My LO just turned 18 months, so i have officially met my last breastfeeding goal, which is happy and sad all at once. BF'ing is like the last vestige of babyhood for him, now that i am pregnant again i'm a bit sad that he will no longer be my only baby.
I'm pretty sure that sounds crazy but i think im not the only one to fell this way :) So now the plan is to let him gradually wean himself before october. He only nurses 1-2X a day so i dont think it will be long.

Phin'sMom 02-09-2012 07:00 AM

DS2 is almost 10 months so he will be 18 months when newbie comes. I plan on tandum nursing if I can, I wanted to with ds1 but he self weaned at 15 months so...I am excited to try this time (ds1 and ds2 are also 18m apart). Ds2 is still nursing about 8 times a day! :wub:

Elijah'sMama 02-09-2012 01:02 PM

Re: Anyone still breastfeeding?

Laura: wow! im so impressed by mama's who can tandem BF... i think it would drive me nutso lol. and holy calories! you are going to lose the baby weight like nothing :)

Sunshine915 02-09-2012 01:39 PM

Elijah'sMama, sounds like my story! My youngest is 18 months and nurses in the morning for the most part. She doesn't seem ready to completely wean at this point, so I'm not ready to rush her. I must admit that those morning snuggles are awesome because I get some one on one time with her...plus I get to stay in bed a little longer ;-)

Sweetbabybows 02-09-2012 03:11 PM

Adrianna is only 8months old so we are still breastfeeding alot. My Dr has already told me that I need to stop but I don't plan to. My goal for now is to at least get her to 12months. But I would love to be able to feed her thru the pregnancy and tandem. If I start loosing my milk tho I don't plan on doing alot extra to keep it. I'll take that as my body saying it's too much to feed them both.

MunkyCrazy 02-09-2012 07:39 PM

My 26 month old still nurses pretty often. Before his nap, before bed, all night. He asks some other times but I usually tell him he has to wait.

I'm only 5-6 weeks but at first nursing him would cause a mild cramping and tightness feeling, sort if like BH. Seems to have stopped, which is worrying me along with the other symptoms disappearing.

I was still nursing DS1 when I got pregnant with DS2 and dried up around 4 months, I wanted to try tandem, too, but DS1 gave it up and didn't get interested again after.

kannondicarpo 02-10-2012 07:22 AM

I am still nursing Charlene who is 16 months. I've dried up at 4/5 months with my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies so I am assuming that will happen again and she will wean herself like the other two did. I am looking forward to tandem nursing though if my milk stays or she nurses through the dry spell.

mclaybrook 02-11-2012 10:29 AM

I'm still nursing my 19 month old daughter. She is determined to keep nursing even though I'm pretty sure my supply is almost gone.