Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   $250.00 Chelory on Spots?!!?!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1350720)

Antebellum 02-09-2012 09:38 AM

$250.00 Chelory on Spots?!!?!!!

So I was just browsing through SPOTS and I saw a Strawberry Shortcake Chelory (super cute) for sale at $250.00 AND IT WAS SOLD OUT! Am I the only one who thinks there is no diaper no matter how cute worth 250.00 especially since my child is just going to poop in it:headscratch:

ETA: Okay I just read the actual listing and it says the proceeds are going to charity...oops.

majomama 02-09-2012 09:39 AM

Thats just crazy!! My husband would kill me! Not that I ever would in the first place...

TrammellyFamily 02-09-2012 09:50 AM

That is crazzzzzzzy. I saw a ragababe for $85 the other day sold out too! If I could afford that I still wouldn't spend that on one dipe.

jennayoung99 02-09-2012 09:56 AM

Re: $250.00 Chelory on Spots?!!?!!!

i just see that and think "do you know how many diapers i could get with that, or woolies?!?" i wish i had that kind of throwin around money.

Kabuki24 02-09-2012 10:07 AM

It's crazy, but whatever floats your boat. The market certainly dictates what a buyer will pay!

sandrc 02-09-2012 11:07 AM

i saw it this morning. the diaper is super duper cute! (we are strawberry shortcake fans here) i don't think my entire stash is worth $250 though. :blush:

Almacham 02-09-2012 11:16 AM

Well, at least it went to charity.

2+2macht4 02-09-2012 11:20 AM

I see these posts a lot and I used to have the same thoughts. But then I thought, the cding world is pretty small, how would you feel if you were that mama and people were making fun of you and talking about how you spend your money.

I spend money on things you guys would balk at and I am sure you have hobbies and expenses I would never understand, because we are all different.

If someone collects diapers, let them, it is fun for some people. Not everyone cloth diapers to save money. I know I do haha.

I know a friend of mine is active on a sbish bst page and the people did the same thing and the girl read it and it really hurt her feelings. No one should have hurt feelings :)

Ok, I realize in this case it was charity, but many times it is not and in those cases who are we to judge, kwim.

Kabuki24 02-09-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenajean1 (Post 14616471)
I see these posts a lot and I used to have the same thoughts. But then I thought, the cding world is pretty small, how would you feel if you were that mama and people were making fun of you and talking about how you spend your money.

I spend money on things you guys would balk at and I am sure you have hobbies and expenses I would never understand, because we are all different.

If someone collects diapers, let them, it is fun for some people. Not everyone cloth diapers to save money. I know I do haha.

I know a friend of mine is active on a sbish bst page and the people did the same thing and the girl read it and it really hurt her feelings. No one should have hurt feelings :)

Ok, I realize in this case it was charity, but many times it is not and in those cases who are we to judge, kwim.

Hmm... I would be willing to bet you that the buyer believes she too is a little nuts for spending that on something her baby poops in. Do you own a Sophie the Giraffe? Well, if you do, you're paying $16 for a dog toy. Nuts too in my opinion, but I own one.

lady longs 02-09-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenajean1 (Post 14616471)

Good for you mama for speaking out. Well said too. Kind and gentle but true...