Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Wool sizing? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1350855)

hippiemommie 02-09-2012 02:33 PM

Wool sizing?

Alright.. I'm ready to take the plunge and try wool for real!

I need help as to what to add to my iso.... How do I know what sizes I'm looking for?

I'd love to try soakers, wraps, longies. And interlock- is it sized differently?

I have a soaker that a friend made using the katrina pattern in a large... It fits DS2 everywhere, but the waste. It gapes open in the back- if that helps you determine how I need to size him...

Thanks!

eljube112 02-09-2012 02:35 PM

Re: Wool sizing?

often knit wool soakers have a drawstring, which will help with the gaping. I'd start by measuring the hip and rise of the soaker that fits and start there. :)

hippiemommie 02-09-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eljube112 (Post 14617386)
often knit wool soakers have a drawstring, which will help with the gaping. I'd start by measuring the hip and rise of the soaker that fits and start there. :)

Do interlock ones have drawstrings or elastic?

Well, I only have one, and it mostly fits everywhere but the waist... So would I still measure the hip on that? Measuring the hip- would I just measure hip to hip? Do I double that? Or just leave it? And is rise from crotch to top of front waist band? Or front to back?

eljube112 02-09-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippiemommie (Post 14617566)
Do interlock ones have drawstrings or elastic?

Well, I only have one, and it mostly fits everywhere but the waist... So would I still measure the hip on that? Measuring the hip- would I just measure hip to hip? Do I double that? Or just leave it? And is rise from crotch to top of front waist band? Or front to back?

interlock will be more like the fleece you have, no drawstring or elastic, the interlock is stretchy enough to hold it up. in that case, you'll want to measure the waist to ensure the best fit.

hip measurements are from hip to hip, then doubled. a large hip measurement will likely be in the 20-22" range.

Rise is from the back (where you want the soaker to hit) under the crotch to the front. I'd advise measuring over your fluffiest diaper! A large rise is usually in the 20" range.

I always think of the hip and rise as being a bit of a square. 20x20 will be a good fit. 22x22 etc. Give or take of course, all babies are different. :)

hippiemommie 02-09-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eljube112 (Post 14617592)
interlock will be more like the fleece you have, no drawstring or elastic, the interlock is stretchy enough to hold it up. in that case, you'll want to measure the waist to ensure the best fit.

hip measurements are from hip to hip, then doubled. a large hip measurement will likely be in the 20-22" range.

Rise is from the back (where you want the soaker to hit) under the crotch to the front. I'd advise measuring over your fluffiest diaper! A large rise is usually in the 20" range.

I always think of the hip and rise as being a bit of a square. 20x20 will be a good fit. 22x22 etc. Give or take of course, all babies are different. :)

Thanks for the input! :)

twinpossible 02-09-2012 10:40 PM

Inseam is from heel up a leg and half way across the crotch. I buy wool extra long then roll up the cuffs so it fits for a long time.