Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Is it normal for fleece dipe to be damp on outside? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1350952)

OHIOFIFI 02-09-2012 04:42 PM

Is it normal for fleece dipe to be damp on outside?

I am a new fleece user and used my new fleece A12 for the first time today during DS nap. I stuffed it with one MF insert. When I changed him about 1-2 hrs after putting it on him, I noticed it was a bit damp on the outside and had wicked slightly onto his onesie. Is this normal? Do I need to just stuff it with something more absorbant? I like the idea of fleece but need a little education :blush:

heyitsmeanne 02-09-2012 05:06 PM

Re: Is it normal for fleece dipe to be damp on outside?

If it got compressed at all (from sitting, laying down, etc.) it's perfectly normal. Compression leaks are common with fleece. You have to make sure whatever is inside is absorbent enough.

OHIOFIFI 02-09-2012 05:18 PM

He was sleeping in my lap, on a boppy so it is entirely possible it was compressed. Thanks.

angelina_lover 02-09-2012 05:22 PM

For naptime I would use more than just a MF insert :thumbsup: try a hemp doubler with it and put it closest to the fleece, should be A-OK then :goodvibes:

OHIOFIFI 02-09-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelina_lover (Post 14618580)
For naptime I would use more than just a MF insert :thumbsup: try a hemp doubler with it and put it closest to the fleece, should be A-OK then :goodvibes:

Thanks, I will try that !! If this works out, I will be ordering more from you after your babymoon b/c I really like the dipe :thumbsup:

LittleTadpoleDesigns 02-09-2012 05:27 PM

Might depend on the weight of the fleece a bit too. My fleece covers are good for a couple hours, but my windpro fleece pockets rock overnight. I'd try more or different absorbancy. I use bamboo in my fleece and love it. :)

angelina_lover 02-09-2012 05:28 PM

:goodvibes: So good to hear.
With all pockets you just need the right amount of absorbancy and alot of my customers like trimness so they use an insert with a hemp doubler. I always used an infant or preemie prefold trifolded, bulky but did the job :)

Alikhlas 02-09-2012 07:40 PM

You could also use cotton instead of mf bc it won't cause compression leaks as easily

OHIOFIFI 02-09-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alikhlas (Post 14619318)
You could also use cotton instead of mf bc it won't cause compression leaks as easily

I just got some organic cotton PFs, maybe I will try those with a hemp doubler. Thanks :goodvibes:

ursaminor 02-09-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlest_one (Post 14618609)
Might depend on the weight of the fleece a bit too. My fleece covers are good for a couple hours, but my windpro fleece pockets rock overnight. I'd try more or different absorbancy. I use bamboo in my fleece and love it. :)

Can i ask what weight windpro? I have some 200 and 300. I am thinking the 300 is the way to go.